Paul Lambert

limpid

When pressed on it, and why the Villa manager thinks they’ve improved, he became agitated in hinting at issues behind the scenes. “You don’t know what’s happened,” Lambert said, before adding: “It’s private, I’m not going to tell.”

Does anyone think this means he knows of a take over and that he wont be about when they come in?

Very strange comments. Seems to imply that something negative behind the scenes could have impacted the players.

Or maybe there really could be a takeover and the majority of the squad know their villa careers could soon be in jeopardy. Half the squad aren't even good enough for this league.

If the squad knew of a takeover it'd be common knowledge by now.

When pressed on it, and why the Villa manager thinks they’ve improved, he became agitated in hinting at issues behind the scenes. “You don’t know what’s happened,” Lambert said, before adding: “It’s private, I’m not going to tell.”

Does anyone think this means he knows of a take over and that he wont be about when they come in?

Lambert will quit. I think he is getting pissed off with Lerner/Faulkner. I suspect the goalposts have been moved and that maybe things Lambert was promised haven't materialised.

I could be wrong but that's what I think

But then surely the goalposts would have been moved in January, not now.

If that is the case he is as slow at getting pissed off as he is at making tactical changes.

Where exactly are these takeover rumours coming from anyway?

From someone's brother's girlfriend who has an aunt that works in the Villa village shop who says we are being taken over because a nice car pulled up in the car park during the week.

• Like 1

Lambert will quit. I think he is getting pissed off with Lerner/Faulkner. I suspect the goalposts have been moved and that maybe things Lambert was promised haven't materialised.

If that is the case he is as slow at getting pissed off as he is at making tactical changes.

I think he has been told he hasn't got a pot to piss in during the summer.

I can imagine the hierarchy were hoping to cash in on benteke after the world cup but as that's gone tits up then I imagine our summer budget is about 10p and that we can't afford bertrand

I think he has been told he hasn't got a pot to piss in during the summer.

I can imagine the hierarchy were hoping to cash in on benteke after the world cup but as that's gone tits up then I imagine our summer budget is about 10p and that we can't afford bertrand

Yeah that actually could have been more plausible. Deal had been agreed and now up the left with his injury.

• Like 1

The only way he will go, is if he walks, or we do get the new owners.

Otherwise, I am not so sure.

Dodgy, I have to ask. Why the signature? It stinks of "everybody look at me I was right!!" and almost celebrating that fact which is detrimental to our current situation which is a bit, erm, dodgy. Congratulations, you were right. Why gloat about it?
I'm finding this attitude hilarious tonight. I'm sure if we were 9th and just won those who have defended Lambert wouldn't rub it in. I still remember the shocking point scoring at morpheous the minute we beat Liverpool last year

Maybe it's just me but I've always found it just a bit more distasteful to gloat when your team loses than when your team wins.

No one is gloating about Aston villa losing. Its **** shit seeing the team you support like this. But I'm sorry if you're the sort who gave stick, mocked others and point scored in the past don't cry when you've been proved wrong.

The only way he will go, is if he walks, or we do get the new owners.

Otherwise, I am not so sure.

Dodgy, I have to ask. Why the signature? It stinks of "everybody look at me I was right!!" and almost celebrating that fact which is detrimental to our current situation which is a bit, erm, dodgy. Congratulations, you were right. Why gloat about it?
I'm finding this attitude hilarious tonight. I'm sure if we were 9th and just won those who have defended Lambert wouldn't rub it in. I still remember the shocking point scoring at morpheous the minute we beat Liverpool last year
Maybe it's just me but I've always found it just a bit more distasteful to gloat when your team loses than when your team wins.

No one is gloating about Aston villa losing. Its **** shit seeing the team you support like this. But I'm sorry if you're the sort who gave stick, mocked others and point scored in the past don't cry when you've been proved wrong.

It certainly seems as if people are gloating, if not that then at least using this as an opportunity to point score.

No I'm not the sort to do that, but I still think gloating when we lose is a lot worse.

What a strange thing to say

• Like 1

The ships sinking and everyone is covering there own ass - Lambert is raising a smokescreen of budget for players - and performances like today give the board the excuse to pull the trigger.

Even if nothing sinister is going on - a lot of the players are probably making an educated guess that Lambert won't be here next season - at the very least it means thy aren't 100% focused on the job.

I still have a slight preference for him staying - I think the success of Lowton and Benteke in season 1 gave him a mini god complex - he then thought he had a magic formula, brought in a load of £2m nobodies - thinking at least 50% of em would come good. He's speaking different now - it seems young and hungry is off the agenda - in reality its probably 2 late for him. But if spurs are stooping for rosler - who on earth are Faulkner \ Lerner gonna come up with ?

What a strange thing to say

Is it the same as when he said Lerner has attended loads of games this season, but he's not entirely sure which ones and where he was sitting?

He's a bit like a 9 year old schoolboy, telling tales than no one actually believes.

He' be telling us next that he once climbed Mount Everest, and that he has fairies living at the bottom of his garden.

We're in exactly the same place that we were when McLeish left except the wage bill is lower. Woobdeedoo. Lambert has failed but the biggest failure is that owner who is going to ruin this great club if he continues with the same plan.

I'm genuinely sad that things haven't worked out with Lambert but I think even he knows that he can't stay now. I really thought he was a great appointment but things really haven't worked out. But it's also obvious from his answers in the press tonight that there is something going on behind the scenes, whether that is a takeover or a total lack of funds in the summer we just don't know.

After chatting to mates today who went the game. Rumour was going around that Benteke hopefully would have a good world cup and Lerner/Lambert was hoping for 30 million to sell him which would have gone back into the squad. Unfortunately now that plans out the window and after a meeting with Faulkner Lamberts had s hissy fit at the new seasons budget. Its also well known that Lerner will only now give big transfer fees on distinct progress of the club

After chatting to mates today who went the game. Rumour was going around that Benteke hopefully would have a good world cup and Lerner/Lambert was hoping for 30 million to sell him which would have gone back into the squad. Unfortunately now that plans out the window and after a meeting with Faulkner Lamberts had s hissy fit at the new seasons budget. Its also well known that Lerner will only now give big transfer fees on distinct progress of the club

Well, that's **** then, on so many levels !!

• Like 1

when there is no meat in the camp....the dogs soon turn on each other.

it won't be long before the truth comes out...shame that really, you would think we have men of honesty & integrity running our club....not hidden agenda merchants.

Â