Paul Lambert

limpid

I was happy to give him every opportunity to make a success of the job originally. After 1st year, I thought we were heading in the right direction. Some of our general play at the end of the year was good to watch and  the players seemed to be improving.

This year I have been extremely dissapointed. Not just with the results but with our general play. Our skill levels do not seem to improve, our tactics are quite honestly  - boring. I can maybe only honestly say i have enjoyed watching us play about 3 games this year. I accept that things have probably not gone the way Lambert envisaged, with injuries to key players, but a good manager also needs to plan for this ie have a plan B and C.

I am not saying Lambert should be sacked now, as I think it would not help our run in, with relegation on the horizon, but regardless of how we fare at the end of the season, I think serious thought needs to be made regarding whether he is the right manager to take us further.

UTV

Replacing Lambert will only make a difference if Lerner sells the club (which is looking likely at the moment).

Agreed for a big degree of change a new owner is needed but I'm convinced we could do better within the current constraints if we had a better manager.

• Like 3

Replacing Lambert will only make a difference if Lerner sells the club (which is looking likely at the moment).

If a new owner comes in and we squander 100 million in 4 years and having to sell the better players of that £100 million to balance some of our way out of it..... we will be back in the same situation in years to come.

Randy Lerner has a lot to answer for.....but until we can find a manager that can bring players in by what ever means, that can improve our team....we are going to go around and around in circles.

For whatever reasons....The reason we are in this mess, is that too many players have been brought to this club purporting to be better than what we have and in too many cases have been worse than what we have and we have gone down a few levels in quality and subsequently heart and spirit.

We have an owner that can't pick managers....., Managers that can't pick players....and players that can't pick their nose.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

interesting Newcastle Fans are saying Pardew Out to this article, and he is doing a better job than Lambert!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2603188/Newcastle-fans-unveil-Pardew-banners-ahead-kick-Britannia-Stadium.html

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was feeling the heat before his team had even kicked-off after the club's fans unveiled banners opposing his management.

Pardew, who is still serving a touchline ban for headbutting Hull's David Meyler, was greeted with one banner that said: 'No more lies or excuses. Pardew out' and another that called him a 'muppet'.
Newcastle are sitting safely in mid-table but are enduring a miserable run of performances.

They have won just four of their last 15 matches, failing to score in 11 of those, serving up dross in the absence of star man Loic Remy.
Since Newcastle beat Stoke 5-1 on Boxing Day, Newcastle have scored just two goals in eight matches at St James' Park.
They laboured to 1-0 victories against strugglers Aston Villa and Crystal Palace and have been well beaten by Manchester United, Tottenham and Everton in recent weeks.
Speaking to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle ahead of the match against Stoke, Pardew said he was 'not enjoying' the criticism that has come in the last couple of weeks.

What I believe I see is the bigger picture. ie Proud History Brighter future.Lambert is doing a good job & he is trying to lay foundations & has largely been hindered by long term injuries to his major investments. ie Benteke, Kozak, Okore.

He needs to be given a hell of a lot more time yet to properly develop his project.

I still believe he is the right man to take us forward.

I have to agree with this. Lambert certainly has a bigger plan for the team, and he should be given time to see it through.

• Like 2

What I believe I see is the bigger picture. ie Proud History Brighter future.Lambert is doing a good job & he is trying to lay foundations & has largely been hindered by long term injuries to his major investments. ie Benteke, Kozak, Okore.

He needs to be given a hell of a lot more time yet to properly develop his project.

I have to agree with this. Lambert certainly has a bigger plan for the team, and he should be given time to see it through.

Every manager has a vision in their head of what they want to achieve though. Them being given time to try and see it through depends on them proving they have the capability to do it, which Lambert hasn't. He has failed the audition, so to speak.

If the away fans have turned then the home fans need to turn to. (Turn up & turn on). The game against Southampton is massive & the  stadium needs to be rockin' not mockin'.

Everybody needs to stick 100% behind the team. The fans can & do make a massive difference & the mood inside the stadium is easily transferred on to the pitch.

Please don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Up The Villa!

The problem is: We as fans who has been witnessing Lamberts tactical failure game after game, coupled with our worst home record in the history of the club, we don't want Lambert anymore. We see him doing more harm to the club everyday he sits here. We lost to Crystal Palace home and away, we lost to Fulham, last year we beated sides like that, at least in the last part of the season.

Another worrying thing: We are currently on the same amount of points as we did this time last season, that's the most worrying thing for the fans, and if you couple that with our boring, toothless general play throughout the season, it's nothing to idicate Lambert is the right man for the job.

Edited by villalad21

Agreed for a big degree of change a new owner is needed but I'm convinced we could do better within the current constraints if we had a better manager.

Why?

pray, what is this bigger plan for the team.

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.....its probably a duck.

I think we have all seen enough thank you.

Why?

... because they make all the footballing decisions and right now ours ain't right.  Further more he makes no indication that he knows what would put it right, barring the obvious default. 

Edited by TRO

My video i took at Palace away and uploaded has made it onto evening mail website

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-moment-villa-fans-patience-6983814

This is the moment when Aston Villa fans’ patience with manager Paul Lambert finally snapped.  

Loud chants of ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’ and ‘We want Lambert out, say we want Lambert out’ were heard during the closing stages of Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Crystal Palace. 

Many of the 2,500-strong claret and blue away army at Selhurst Park joined in with the anti-Lambert songs in a match which leaves Villa facing a relegation battle.  

It is the first large-scale dissent Villa fans have displayed towards Lambert on a matchday after remaining patient with the manager and team during another season of struggle.  

The angry scenes were reminiscent of when the travelling contingent turned on Lambert’s predecessor Alex McLeish during a frustrating draw at Wigan in February 2012 as Villa battled to stay up.  

Villa are four points off the bottom three with five matches to play against Southampton (h), Swansea (a), Hull (h), Manchester City (a) and Tottenham (a), but go into the run-in in dreadful form. 

The defeat at Palace was Villa’s fourth successive Premier League loss after setbacks against Stoke, Manchester United and Fulham.
  • Like 1

The most infuriating thing for me is knowing that we will have to start from scratch once again. Next season is going to be more of the same shit like the past four have been. It will be a false dawn yet again.

Edited by bose

I think this is all going to now boil down to last game of season at Spurs.

we been in that position before... we travelled to Norwich (i went every away game that season) in around 1994 needing a win to stay up!! we drew 1-1 (Staunton scored) but Palace lost and they went down!

Going to be so nervous right through to final kick of the season!

interesting Newcastle Fans are saying Pardew Out to this article, and he is doing a better job than Lambert!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2603188/Newcastle-fans-unveil-Pardew-banners-ahead-kick-Britannia-Stadium.html

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was feeling the heat before his team had even kicked-off after the club's fans unveiled banners opposing his management.

Pardew, who is still serving a touchline ban for headbutting Hull's David Meyler, was greeted with one banner that said: 'No more lies or excuses. Pardew out' and another that called him a 'muppet'.
Newcastle are sitting safely in mid-table but are enduring a miserable run of performances.

They have won just four of their last 15 matches, failing to score in 11 of those, serving up dross in the absence of star man Loic Remy.
Since Newcastle beat Stoke 5-1 on Boxing Day, Newcastle have scored just two goals in eight matches at St James' Park.
They laboured to 1-0 victories against strugglers Aston Villa and Crystal Palace and have been well beaten by Manchester United, Tottenham and Everton in recent weeks.
Speaking to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle ahead of the match against Stoke, Pardew said he was 'not enjoying' the criticism that has come in the last couple of weeks.

Some Villa fans thinking only their team is going through a bad period of form.

The biggest criticism I had with Lambert was freezing the big earners out the squad. I cannot believe Lerner asked him to do this, because if he did Lambert should not have took the job. No manager in there right mind from day one would put experienced players on big money out the team. A good respected manager could have got these players back to form. Irelands even now playing good football. It was wrong to drop them and bring in all these league one random players all at once with no experience in the squad. We have no direction, no captain who can organise, motivate, no confidence even after nearly 2 seasons of playing together. I mean what the hell are the coaches doing. We have a good experienced player in NZog who even now we are in the shit still refuses to play. Its just a mess. I've no doubt a new manager maybe older more respected manager, could turn this team around. Remember we have seen flashes of quality, so it is in there, its just Lambert is not the man to carry us forward.

Edited by foreveryoung

Â