Paul Lambert

limpid

It's fair to say he's lost most of the fans on here then, and rightly so, clueless manager that's clearly lost his way.

If it were my club I'd sack him and give it to Sid for the rest of the season, with Lambert in charge I really can't see another win for us, we're playing the worst football I've ever seen at our club.

Those still defending him are either deluded, or small heath trolls...

• Like 2

Imo I believe he should be given till Christmas. If he's able to bring in a higher calibre of players rather than just squad filling then we may improve (I hope). If not then he should rightly be sacked. It'd also help to not have such rotten luck with injuries.

I have to say I don't agree that Lambert is a tactically clueless manager - there haven't really been that many instances of him setting us up completely wrongly IMO - the problem he has is that he is incredibly stubborn and not reactive enough. The big issue I have with him is that he doesn't change things up quickly enough, he doesn't subs as often as he should and he doesn't drop certain players who haven't been performing. His stubbornness is his massive failing. 

As for giving him money to spend in the summer, I don't see anything wrong with it - he's only spent more than 5mil on one player so far and that's worked out incredibly well for us. If he's backed to the tune of about 20mil and manages to get 3 quality players in, it could have the world of difference. He isn't going to be looking at getting in a load of bodies again (as per his interviews). This doesn't change the first point though - his reluctance to change the team during a game is a big problem that we've seen too many times. 

I'm not desperate to see him out but I wouldn't be too bothered if he went.

Honestly thought i would calm down after a nights sleep but i'm still massively pissed off! this team just loses way to easily! most teams draw the odd game when they don;t play well but we always seem to lose! 10 home games losses in a season?!

someone just end this horrid season now!

• Like 1

poorest set of players

I disagree, I think there's a group of players there for whom 9-12th should be more than achieveable

I really dont see that with the players we have. I think we are lucky to be in the position we are with our current crop. Top 6 in championship ability give or take 1 or 2.

I've been told there are one or two issues behind the scene that might have contributed to our recent poor form. I don't know exactly what but the person (who has been spot on with information in the past) told me Lambert has been fighting with what he described as enemies within. I know that sounds a bit cryptic but by all accounts something is going on which has made his job more difficult than it should be. The person said if this information came to light it would help explain the poor form slightly but insisted the manager has the complete backing of the dressing room. Not sure what the enemy within could mean though?

P.S not a player issue I believe

• Like 1

When he says what has gone on behind the scenes when asked about why he thinks we have improved, do you think he is referring to the players in the bomb squad? looking back over the last few years and the rumors of players revolting, causing internal problems and the high wages, do you think he was under strict orders to get them out the door as part of his job description. If it was referring to a take over then I just can not see him even making any comment about it as he would be under close scrutiny by the new and existing owners.

It seems to me he thinks we just need a couple of points and has decided to shut up shop to achieve this after having our defense battered in the last few games and simply not trusting them any more.

To say we are not in the relegation scrap is playing with words, he is right  at the moment we are not and if we as he says win the next game we wont be, before I totally loose faith in him I will see what happens next week, anything but a win and I think he has gone.

Hopefully the players do not want to be relegated either and may actually put a bit of effort in next week as they have in the past when required.

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove

As for those suggesting sack Paul Lambert?

How about Back Paul Lambert.

He is our current manager & needs all the help he can get.

Next you'll be telling me that he was responsible for rupturing Benteke's achilles, breaking Kozak's leg & putting Okore out for practically the whole season.

There are still many fans who recognise just how difficult a job that it is that he has under taken & as he states himself he is trying to turn round an oil tanker.

Get real VT - It is a long term project.

It's tough at the moment, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

`We go again`

Lambert in.

This post is wrong on so many levels.

• Like 1

I've been told there are one or two issues behind the scene that might have contributed to our recent poor form. I don't know exactly what but the person (who has been spot on with information in the past) told me Lambert has been fighting with what he described as enemies within. I know that sounds a bit cryptic but by all accounts something is going on which has made his job more difficult than it should be. The person said if this information came to light it would help explain the poor form slightly but insisted the manager has the complete backing of the dressing room. Not sure what the enemy within could mean though?

I don't see how a non player issue could have this effect. If he hasn't lost the dressing room then I don't think it would explain things. Tactics, the way we play and the way he fails to adapt to the game are things under his control.

I don't think this set of players would achieve top 6 in the championship, lower mid table I'd say.

Including those who are injured? Give over. 

I don't see how a non player issue could have this effect. 

No surprise there then. 

Has that thing behind the scenes been going on all season then? I don't buy that as an excuse for a second, we've been poor all year, apart from the first few games..

Has that thing behind the scenes been going on all season then? I don't buy that as an excuse for a second, we've been poor all year, apart from the first few games..

Spot on. People have been complaining we haven't been consistant. Well we have been. Consistant shit.

Â