Paul Lambert

limpid

Or if it's a mixture of the two, he's doing an alright job - according to that logic.

Yep. That would be an option too, but I was merely pointing out the incongruities in those arguments.

Wasn't having a dig - I think you made a very astute observation. 

• Like 1

I really hope he does in the summer, hoping these rumours of behind the scenes troubles are true.

I still think we'll go down next season regardless, because Randy & his cronies haven't got the first clue about football and will probably employ someone like Steve Clarke or Malky Mackay.

I really hope he does in the summer, hoping these rumours of behind the scenes troubles are true.

I still think we'll go down next season regardless, because Randy & his cronies haven't got the first clue about football and will probably employ someone like Steve Clarke or Malky Mackay.

You're seriously hoping that these rumours are true when we're in a relegation battle?

Unbelievable.

• Like 1

My video from Palace away yesterday, he has lost the away fans now... ''Don't know what your doing'' chants and at 51secs ''We want Lambert Out''

Ouch!! No wonder he looked more dour than usual in his post match interview! You lose some of the most dedicated (the away fans) and you're basically done.

"**** off Lambert, the Villa is ours" at a home will be the next thing.

I have to laugh to myself when I read the negative posts here on VT.

If the stats are to be believed 90% of our fantastic fan base now claim they want Lambert out?

I'm in the 10% pro Lambert lobby & back him totally.

Anyway, how many of those alleged 90% actually were more than ecstatic when Lambert took over from McLeish? About 90% of you or maybe even more?

My point being that if anybody is wrong in their assessment of Lambert's managerial abilities then in all probability it is 90% of the 90% who now want him gone.

That means by your own argument, that you all now armed with your perfect hind sight were in fact totally wrong in your initial judgement & the alleged deficiencies in Lambo's management.

You were totally happy to have Lambert in & for the converse reasons that you now actually want him out.

In other words you want your cake & eat it & if you do want Lambert gone right now then you were totally wrong in your own initial judgement of his appointment.

Finally, don't be ashamed because there is nothing wrong in being wrong & we all only want what's best for our club.

Pro Lambert or go Lambert, whichever camp you are in, we are all hurting at the moment but the 90% & the 10% all only want success for our club.

We are all 100% in the same camp on this one.

• Like 1

My video from Palace away yesterday, he has lost the away fans now... ''Don't know what your doing'' chants and at 51secs ''We want Lambert Out''

Ouch!! No wonder he looked more dour than usual in his post match interview! You lose some of the most dedicated (the away fans) and you're basically done.

"**** off Lambert, the Villa is ours" at a home will be the next thing.

mate it was non-stop cheering and chanting towards Villa, up until 1 whole minute before the end!! i heard the ''you don't know what you doing'' so recorded it, and then ends up being ''we want Lambert Out'' less than minute later

They was angry they chanted for ''Albrighton'' for 15/20mins just after second half and he never brings him on until final 10mins, when i'm not Albrighton's biggest fan but when he did come on he made a difference sending in crosses.

Basically, i think he has lost them.

Edited by Villan4Life

I'd imagine it is nailed on that if we don't secure at least a point against Southampton then at full time Lambert is going to get dogs abuse. The fans have been remarkably patient but it seems that patience has ran out. The numbers at home have also held up well given the tripe served up.

Edited by markavfc40

If the stats are to be believed 90% of our fantastic fan base now claim they want Lambert out?

Anyway, how many of those alleged 90% actually were more than ecstatic when Lambert took over from McLeish? About 90% of you or maybe even more?

My point being that if anybody is wrong in their assessment of Lambert's managerial abilities then in all probability it is 90% of the 90% who now want him gone.

That means by your own argument, that you all now armed with your perfect hind sight were in fact totally wrong in your initial judgement & the alleged deficiencies in Lambo's management.

You were totally happy to have Lambert in & for the converse reasons that you now actually want him out.

In other words you want your cake & eat it & if you do want Lambert gone right now then you were totally wrong in your own initial judgement of his appointment.

Finally, don't be ashamed because there is nothing wrong in being wrong & we all only want what's best for our club.

Pro Lambert or go Lambert, whichever camp you are in, we are all hurting at the moment but the 90% & the 10% all only want success for our club.

Wow.  Just....wow.

• Like 3

So, just because the fans wanted him in, we are now not allowed to want him out? Is that what you are saying? So, if the fans want someone in then they have to stick by that manager forever, even if it means going backwards and possibly being relegated?

If the away fans have turned then the home fans need to turn to. (Turn up & turn on). The game against Southampton is massive & the  stadium needs to be rockin' not mockin'.

Everybody needs to stick 100% behind the team. The fans can & do make a massive difference & the mood inside the stadium is easily transferred on to the pitch.

Please don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Up The Villa!

• Like 2

I didn't want Lambert at the time, but was happy to see McLeish gone. I never thought that Lambert was pretty much on par with how bad McLeish was. Mcleish never lost 4 league games in a row, but lambert has done it twice.

Respect to you for being in the Lambert in camp. You must be seeing something that impresses you.

• Like 1

This was something we spoke about at the match yesterday. Looking around and seeing everyone chanting Lambert out, we recognised a lot of faces that were chanting his name at the Norwich game when McLeish had us.

The problems run deeper than Lambert.

• Like 1

So what has he done in his time here to make you think he's the right man?

This was something we spoke about at the match yesterday. Looking around and seeing everyone chanting Lambert out, we recognised a lot of faces that were chanting his name at the Norwich game when McLeish had us.

The problems run deeper than Lambert.

So what.  Two years on, and he's still playing pitifully awful football.  I don't care what restrictions he's working under, teams like Palace and Fulham shouldn't be doing the double over us.  Lerner didn't make him play 3 central defenders.

Â