Paul Lambert

limpid

What is that Palace team sheet?

I don't think they'd guess we'd go 5-3-2 would they? Must have been produced after line up announced?

Baker: Will dive recklessly into tackles. Big weakness.

Clark: Loves a pass back to Guzan.

:crylaugh:

:(

Only the sha fans are `Gloating` at our current misfortunes.

Even in their own desperate plight they still take great satisfaction & delight at our adversity.

They will always be worse than us.

Or on a more positive note, we will always be far better than them.

SOTC.

• Like 1

Some posters on this thread seem to think that unless you've wanted Lambert out since Christmas, you're not allowed to want him out ever.

Silly if anybody is giving that impression. More people realising Lambert isn't very good, no matter how late, can only be a positive thing in my book.
Realising? Ridiculous. People have him a chance, maybe because we've beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City this year, under a strict budget and with injury problems. It's nothing to do with us lowly people finally realising what you 'and your ilk' already knew. It's the fact that we've given him a chance instead of writing him off.

Managers have been written off before, and later proven to be a revelation. Just because some of us don't want wholesale changes every time the going gets tough, doesn't mean we're not realising what you have all along.

Oh sorry. Only people finally deciding to turn on him now have given him a chance. You obviously get to decide where the line is drawn between 'writing him off' and 'giving him a chance'. My 18 months obviously falls short in this regard.
Haha well said.
Haha well said, pat on the back buddy, let's gloat at how great we are because we write off every manager and then when he leaves (because no manager stays forever) we will be right.

No.

Before you climb into bed together, where did I say I've written him off?

Love how you can make the wild assumption he has written off every manager we've ever had in order "to be right". Yet get pissy when you feel he's made the assumption you've written the manager off, which your post could easily be interpreted to mean tbh.

• Like 1

Only the sha fans are `Gloating` at our current misfortunes.

Even in their own desperate plight they still take great satisfaction & delight at our adversity.

They will always be worse than us.

Or on a more positive note, we will always be far better than them.

SOTC.

They're ominously dangling 3 points above the Championship relegation zone, it's beyond grim for them. It's hard times for us but their ongoing tragic existence is eternal. I wouldn't worry about them. 

Love how you can make the wild assumption he has written off every manager we've ever had in order "to be right". Yet get pissy when you feel he's made the assumption you've written the manager off, which your post could easily be interpreted to mean tbh.

He's funny because I never ever 'wrote off' Houllier anyway, even through the hard times. I will happily show patience when I believe in the manager.

Edited by Isa

As for those suggesting sack Paul Lambert?

How about Back Paul Lambert.

He is our current manager & needs all the help he can get.

Next you'll be telling me that he was responsible for rupturing Benteke's achilles, breaking Kozak's leg & putting Okore out for practically the whole season.

There are still many fans who recognise just how difficult a job that it is that he has under taken & as he states himself he is trying to turn round an oil tanker.

Get real VT - It is a long term project.

It's tough at the moment, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

`We go again`

Lambert in.

• Like 4

We can't help him to suddenly gain tactical ability, a suitable philosophy and greater astuteness in the market I'm afraid. I wish we could though...

• Like 1

We can't help him to suddenly gain tactical ability, a suitable philosophy and greater astuteness in the market I'm afraid. I wish we could though...

No.We couldn't help him because we are incapable. Not one single poster on VT knows more about tactical ability, a suitable philosophy or greater footballing astuteness than Paul Lambert, but we could however at least grasp the reality of the demands & pressures that he & the team are currently under & get 100% behind the whole club & give them our vocal backing & support. It's easy to sing when you're winning, but, right now, as things stand, the club needs our support. We are the 12th man so let's bloody well prove it.

I wonder what Paul Lambert would think of some of the really negative posters here on VT.

" Thank you for your wonderful support!" would definitely not be one of them I'm sure..

• Like 2

I wonder what Paul Lambert would think of some of the really negative posters here on VT.

" Thank you for your wonderful support!" would definitely not be one of them I'm sure..

Well seeing as he has been afforded more patience than any other Villa manager that I can think of, he should be grateful that it has taken this long for the tide to turn.

He's had phenomenal support over the two years. Mainly because I think we've all really wanted him to succeed here. I genuinely don't think any other club currently in the league would have been so patient. Certainly considering how absolutely appalling we've been at home. 

• Like 3

The pro Lambert crap spouted on here is nothing more than pathetic vitriol intended to get a rise out of the anti Lambert(and therefore righteous) fan base,every pro Lambert post must be read with your tongue in your cheek for I cannot believe  they truly think any progress has been made,but,they have backed a dead horse and feel they must defend their corner to the bitter end.I personally will believe what my own eyes see and shed a few tears for what was once a great club.

WE GO AGAIN!

Agreed, either vitriol or there's some good crack being smoked in the Midlands at the moment. No serious fan, who watches us week in week out, can honestly think Paul 'uninspiring' Lambert is a.) Doing a good job, b.) Likely to do a good job, or c.) has a way back with the fans now. He's a dead man walking and not before time. We're about to be relegated...

Edited by VillaAndLoyal

Shocking formation (again) yesterday, to stubborn regarding substitutions, clueless for thinking we aren't in a relegation battle, deluded to think we actually matched Palace and would rather bullshit excuses than actually expect any responsibility for the state of the club, Lambert out.

• Like 1

The Southampton game is huge, our supporters need to leave their feelings to one side and back the team for a full ninety minutes. We need everybody to do their bit on Saturday, it will only aid our efforts to win.

The pro Lambert crap spouted on here is nothing more than pathetic vitriol intended to get a rise out of the anti Lambert(and therefore righteous) fan base

Not at all, I can assure you. All VTers are one big unhappy family at the moment. We are all hurting and demoralised with events on the pitch, not only this season, but for the last three previously. It is perfectly natural to have differing opinions regarding Lambert. I believe Lambert's job is the toughest in the Premiership given the circumstances at the club, but that is only one man's evaluation, other people had different expectations and beliefs. It is important to remember we are all Villa supporters.

In the next few weeks and months there is going to be extensive changes occurring at the club from the top to the bottom. The Happy days will be back at VP, we need to look forward not back.  :D

• Like 2

No.We couldn't help him because we are incapable. Not one single poster on VT knows more about tactical ability, a suitable philosophy or greater footballing astuteness than Paul Lambert, but we could however at least grasp the reality of the demands & pressures that he & the team are currently under & get 100% behind the whole club & give them our vocal backing & support. It's easy to sing when you're winning, but, right now, as things stand, the club needs our support. We are the 12th man so let's bloody well prove it.

"Not one single poster on VT knows more about tactical ability, a suitable philosophy or greater footballing astuteness than Paul Lambert"

Is there another human on the planet who would have waited that late to make the (by then pointless) substitutions ?

anyone .... .....

thought not. [taking about the Palace game specifically but could be applied to others]

Till now I thought previous bad tactics/subs had been mistakes or circumstance or a bad gamble of some description but have had to give up on that , absolutely clueless, even the missus asked where the `funny looking skinny one [she meant Albrighton]` was .. and `the good looking German [she meant Weimann (& yes I know)]` .. to be fair my missus would only play the good looking ones... which itself would create its own problems .. though maybe Holt would get on the front cover of Farmers weekly ?, but if she could see it ...???

Actually Holt, had a go and worked hard and after the last 2 games I feel kind of bad for calling him porky cos at least he is trying!

"Not one single poster on VT knows more about tactical ability, a suitable philosophy or greater footballing astuteness than Paul Lambert"

Sorry, but my missus does, yes she wears Jimmy Choos and spends more on handbags and shoes than Lerner allows Lambert to buy players .. but thats about the only defence left I had for Lambert after this years run , and even thats not enough any more.

Please defend the substitutions and keep a straight face... you can't, sorry :(

"& get 100% behind the whole club & give them our vocal backing & support."

agreed, anyone booing the VIlla should be ejected cerimoniously or otherwise, but someone needs to let Lerner know that Lambert is going to cost him money one way or another.

Edited by 14K_away

How about Back Paul Lambert.

Next you'll be telling me that he was responsible for rupturing Benteke's achilles, breaking Kozak's leg & putting Okore out for practically the whole season.

There are still many fans who recognise just how difficult a job that it is that he has under taken & as he states himself he is trying to turn round an oil tanker.

Get real VT - It is a long term project.

It's tough at the moment, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

`We go again`

Lambert in.

9/10 for rhetorical questions, stating the obvious, meaningless, shrill hyperbole and cliches. Yes, lovely use of juicy cliches.

Oh, yes, I'm forgetting the

wonderful

employment

of

the

return

key

to

ensure

clarity

and

add

punch.

0/10 for any of that persuading me that Lambert is up to the job and that he should be here next season. He has had two years and we have not got any better. This is his team, playing his tactics and both he and they have been found wanting. I don't want to see us change manager again but, whether we escape the drop again or not, we need to.

The job is too big for him. Just like his MONtor, he has a glass ceiling. Limited in his thinking and abilities. He does the same shit MON did. Inflexible tactics - or what passes for them; late worthless, substitutions; get lucky with the odd good result against a decent team that flatters to deceive.

He got lucky, he did well at Norwich, hit his current limits but nobody realised it at the time, got headhunted and promoted beyond his ability and has failed. It happens in many industries but it doesn't mean he won't eventually become a better manager than he is now. However, he needs to do his improving elsewhere. I don't care where he does it as long as it's not here. This is the club I've supported for decades and it isn't a place for relatively novice managers to cut their teeth - or **** novice owners for that matter.

• Like 2

Â