Paul Lambert

limpid

We've heard rumours of trouble at Bodymoor, we've heard rumours of agitation within the bomb squad, we know staff and fans have exchanged expletives and some physicals .

Quite frankly it's a mess . Root cause is Lerner and Faulkner. Lambert should never have got this job neither should Mcleish or Houllier.

Absolute shambles.

As for those suggesting sack Paul Lambert?

How about Back Paul Lambert.

He is our current manager & needs all the help he can get.

Next you'll be telling me that he was responsible for rupturing Benteke's achilles, breaking Kozak's leg & putting Okore out for practically the whole season.

There are still many fans who recognise just how difficult a job that it is that he has under taken & as he states himself he is trying to turn round an oil tanker.

Get real VT - It is a long term project.

It's tough at the moment, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

`We go again`

Lambert in.

Because maybe now 90% of the fan base that has now turned after nearly two years can't see any progress; they can't see a manager with any sort of tactical nous or ability to rectify problems on the pitch, with one plan and no plan B. They see a squad continuously desperate for confidence, players who dip in and out of form on a level which never even thought was possible.

It's all very well blaming absolutely everything on financial restrictions but you can still be constricted financially but show signs of something to hold on to and stick with, be a cohesive unit, that's hard to beat and break down with average players (i.e Palace). The man just seems like a random con man who landed a top job and is just so far out of his depth he's just a lost child. Yes, there are a lot of unreasonable fans but there are also a huge amount of football fans that understand football and understand what is going on around them and I admire the few valiantly fighting Lambert's cause but I can't for the life of me understand what grounds you have to keep defending.. What have you seen that makes you think with more time he will turn this around, there's just nothing.

I don't get it. I think it's got to a point where people have lowered expectations to try to be realists but they've lowered them so much that they believe that a back to back win once a season deserves a new 5 year deal. Losing 10 games at home is perfectly acceptable. To break virtually every losing record in the entire club's history is just something to swat away as nothing. We are just an absolute mess at the moment, not a team, we have no shape, the players are confused. Why on earth would you ever accept this. 

'Lowered expectations'

What a load of nonsense. Shout down the fans who disagree with you.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

You can only lower expectations if there were any proper expectations in the first place, which tbh there haven't been since MON left.

I'm more worried about relegation this time than I was last, mainly because we're now coming to the end of the season but this time around we don't have a world class striker on form.

This time around, the teams around and below us are fighting for survival, we aren't.

I was there yesterday and it definitely turned on him. It started off with you don't know what you're doing followed by **** off Lambert, **** off Lambert and finished with we want Lambert out say we want Lambert out which carried on outside the stadium (if you can call it that)

Delph and vlaar were the only players who came over and they looked broken, really down.

On the train home we bumped into Mr transfer deadline day Jim white who had been at the game, he chatted with us about how even they can get nothing out of the club information wise. Said Lambert looked shell shocked behind the scenes and had nothing to say. Told us he was friends with parish the palace owner and was sitting in the directors box, said there were 4 villa executives who just huddled in a corner talking and didn't mingle so to speak with anyone. Deadly Doug was present as usual.

For me Lambert is irrelevant in this situation, and I'll finish with my favourite quote from yesterday...

If you change the bulb 3 times on a lamp, and the bulb doesn't work, it isn't the bulb it's the lamp.

Very interesting insight, thanks for posting what you were told. The 'huddle of Villa Executives' really made my smile.

Maybe just maybe it has dawned on them what spectacular mess we are in and maybe just maybe our manager has some culpability and maybe just maybe we will be relegated.

We've heard rumours of trouble at Bodymoor, we've heard rumours of agitation within the bomb squad, we know staff and fans have exchanged expletives and some physicals .

Quite frankly it's a mess . Root cause is Lerner and Faulkner. Lambert should never have got this job neither should Mcleish or Houllier.

Absolute shambles.

Yep, for me it all began after MON stepped down in the way that he did. Evidently something was up with the board and its never been sorted out since, that was 4 years ago.

Absolute shambles.

Yep, for me it all began after MON stepped down in the way that he did. Evidently something was up with the board and its never been sorted out since, that was 4 years ago.

Did we ever find out why MON got compensation after stepping down?

Yeah made that point earlier concerning Benteke.

Personally I'd play Gabby up top on his own which he has done with aplomb before and flood our midfield with a 4-5-1 system to get us over the finishing line.

A new manager might play that system anyway to get the best out of what we have available.

• Like 2

If anything, the manager should have been replaced in Jan. The problem is, we know the board can't see ahead. They couldn't see we were spending too much, they couldn't see a possible problem with Houllier, they couldn't see a problem with the football from McLeish, they couldn't see that intense cutbacks and financial restrictions all at once would be bad.

They can only think of today. This is why we are struggling.

• Like 3

Absolute shambles.

According to our President Emeritus, he was "fired"

If that is the case, if only they had fired him 2 years earlier.

Absolute shambles.

Well, he took the club to a tribunal, claiming full pay up of his contract. During the hearing, he dropped his case following talks between him (& his legal reps)  and the club (& its reps). In these talks they basically agreed between them to split the difference half way. I suspect that neither side would have come out of it very well had it completed the hearing.

'Gloating' is the latest in a long line of tags to be thrown around at will I see...yawn!

How is "you were wrong" not a form of gloating? (because said poster believes he was right)

I was there yesterday and it definitely turned on him. It started off with you don't know what you're doing followed by **** off Lambert, **** off Lambert and finished with we want Lambert out say we want Lambert out which carried on outside the stadium (if you can call it that)

Delph and vlaar were the only players who came over and they looked broken, really down.

On the train home we bumped into Mr transfer deadline day Jim white who had been at the game, he chatted with us about how even they can get nothing out of the club information wise. Said Lambert looked shell shocked behind the scenes and had nothing to say. Told us he was friends with parish the palace owner and was sitting in the directors box, said there were 4 villa executives who just huddled in a corner talking and didn't mingle so to speak with anyone. Deadly Doug was present as usual.

For me Lambert is irrelevant in this situation, and I'll finish with my favourite quote from yesterday...

If you change the bulb 3 times on a lamp, and the bulb doesn't work, it isn't the bulb it's the lamp.

Very interesting insight, thanks for posting what you were told. The 'huddle of Villa Executives' really made my smile.

Maybe just maybe it has dawned on them what spectacular mess we are in and maybe just maybe our manager has some culpability and maybe just maybe we will be relegated.

Interesting. As a real Villa 50 yrs sort of fan said to me yesterday, the problem when Lerner took over is that he did not get a football person on the board. Steve Stride left and there was no one to say 'er why are you paying Habib Beye 45 grand a week to play in the reserves?' sort of questions. To rectify this he brought in his mate Faulkner who is basically an accountant so as long as we come above 17th he will be satisfied. But even with more backing and a football person on the board, would Lambert be doing much better? Who knows.

• Like 1

There is a real hole in a lot of arguments on here. On one hand you say the squad is championship level, but then say Lambert is doing an awful job. It can be one or the other, not both.

If our players are championships level, then the fact that Lambert has kept us around 10th the entire season and is likely to keep us in the PL means he is doing a very good job, especially considering our record against the big boys.

The reality is Lambert is not getting the most our of our players. There is talent in Guzan, Bertrand, Vlaar, Baker, Lowton, Bacuna, Westwood, Delph, Weimann, Albrighton, Gabby, and obviously Benteke. KEA is also a solid squad type player.

He is not getting the talent out of these players and not putting them in the best situation to succeed. That is why he needs to go.

• Like 1

Â