Paul Lambert

limpid

It's sad, because I think he's an alright bloke (more so than our last four managers) but I just can't see it working.

On what basis is he a better bloke than McLeish exactly?

Just touched down at bhx to get the news about another defeat to another side below us in the table.

time to go paul

Keep an eye out for Sheiks and Red Bull reps.  ;)

• Like 1

Does.anyone.think.we.are doing a wigan and.just staying up wigan did it season they had no.money if we acrape through another season if lambert does.not up his game we are gone next season. Also lambert has bought alot of dross a new manager will.want double.what lambert.needs cash wise.

Does.anyone.think.we.are doing a wigan and.just staying up wigan did it season they had no.money if we acrape through another season if lambert does.not up his game we are gone next season. Also lambert has bought alot of dross a new manager will.want double.what lambert.needs cash wise.

I'm going to have a wild guess and say that you almost definitely own a Sony Xperia Z.

• Like 3

Just touched down at bhx to get the news about another defeat to another side below us in the table.

time to go paul

Keep an eye out for Sheiks and Red Bull reps.  ;)

Or anybody drinking a can of Red Bull at least!

There must be light at the end of the tunnel surely? How many more seasons will we go through like this? I'm not talking just about Lambert I'm talking about the club overall.

It is rotten, we don't even play particularly play good football or I don't even see progress of good football being played either it just feels like we are in the premier league to make the numbers up.

• Like 1

How about Barry as Player Manager under a director of football. (Just kidding)

I get the impression from an Everton forum that he either has a choice of taking wage cut to 50 thousand a week to stay at Everton or go and play in the MLS.

Out of the mouths of babes..........

If you think or wonder that there maybe some truth in what I wrote, I think that that's a pretty insulting way of showing it I don't know if that was the aim.

And it hasn't really come out of my mouth, at least not the implied idea and also I don't want to put words in other people's mouths.

I doubt very much there is anything in these rumours of Barry signing a 4 year deal with us but if it were to be true I'd have to imagine that it would involve some sort of coaching role.

Not meant as an insult at all, indeed the meaning is that you have said something that may well be wise and close to the truth.

I assume the fact that you have taken umbrage is a generational thing, as it is not something that you have heard before.

Sorry I'm like it in real life someone only has to look at me wrong and I worry about it all day, need to take some of my own advice and ease up.

In my first post I should have just come out with what I meant. Which was to ask you do you think there could be a chance that Barry might have some sort of role given what your associate in Liverpool told you and your throw away comment about us all wishing for a mega rich owner and (player) manager.

Stuck by him as we tried to convert from kick and rush to a footballing team, as he rid us of players whose egos meant they thought they were bigger than this great club and as he attempted to build a hungry young team.

Over the last season we have seen players struggle being played out of position, being played when out of form, struggling to string passes together and lacking in cutting edge. The passing game has gone outside of our own half and the only spark of creativity comes from Mark Albrighton. Delph and Westwood both have talent but need more quality around them to break teams down.

If it is budget, then Lerner really needs to go as soon as a buyer can be found, but I am now begining to lean towards the Manager as other teams around us have better players, squads and playing style with similar or less funding. Whatever the business plan is from the club, I fail to see how this season is fulfilling it.

Something needs to change and quickly.

Edited by macandally
  • Like 1

The only way he will go, is if he walks, or we do get the new owners.

Otherwise, I am not so sure.

Dodgy, I have to ask. Why the signature? It stinks of "everybody look at me I was right!!" and almost celebrating that fact which is detrimental to our current situation which is a bit, erm, dodgy. Congratulations, you were right. Why gloat about it?

I'm finding this attitude hilarious tonight. I'm sure if we were 9th and just won those who have defended Lambert wouldn't rub it in. I still remember the shocking point scoring at morpheous the minute we beat Liverpool last year

Dodgy, I have to ask. Why the signature? It stinks of "everybody look at me I was right!!" and almost celebrating that fact which is detrimental to our current situation which is a bit, erm, dodgy. Congratulations, you were right. Why gloat about it?

I'm finding this attitude hilarious tonight. I'm sure if we were 9th and just won those who have defended Lambert wouldn't rub it in. I still remember the shocking point scoring at morpheous the minute we beat Liverpool last year

Maybe it's just me but I've always found it just a bit more distasteful to gloat when your team loses than when your team wins.

How about Barry as Player Manager under a director of football. (Just kidding)

I get the impression from an Everton forum that he either has a choice of taking wage cut to 50 thousand a week to stay at Everton or go and play in the MLS.

Out of the mouths of babes..........

If you think or wonder that there maybe some truth in what I wrote, I think that that's a pretty insulting way of showing it I don't know if that was the aim.

And it hasn't really come out of my mouth, at least not the implied idea and also I don't want to put words in other people's mouths.

I doubt very much there is anything in these rumours of Barry signing a 4 year deal with us but if it were to be true I'd have to imagine that it would involve some sort of coaching role.

Not meant as an insult at all, indeed the meaning is that you have said something that may well be wise and close to the truth.

I assume the fact that you have taken umbrage is a generational thing, as it is not something that you have heard before.

Sorry I'm like it in real life someone only has to look at me wrong and I worry about it all day, need to take some of my own advice and ease up.

In my first post I should have just come out with what I meant. Which was to ask you do you think there could be a chance that Barry might have some sort of role given what your associate in Liverpool told you and your throw away comment about us all wishing for a mega rich owner and (player) manager.

No worries. Don't worry about me, I like everyone on VT, even the ones who don't like me ;)

My opinion.

In all honesty, if there is any truth in the Barry rumour, then I think that it has a better than 50% chance that it is a player manager role.

The saving on PL's salary (reputed to be £40k per week) and the fact that GB is a long serving player held in high regard by a large percentage of the support, and with the ability to win over most dissenters, makes it a possible saving situation.

Let's wait and see.

• Like 2

He's had such an easy ride so far in my opinion and that's mainly because he isn't Alex McLeish.

I've just read his Birmingham Mail interview where he states "We're not in a relegation battle" and "There are plenty of teams worse than ourselves"

Laughable comments having been beaten by arguably two of the worst teams in the league in consecutive games. I can remember when McLeish was in his last few games when we lost to Bolton at home and the atmosphere towards the manager was full of hate and spite. Don't think we're far away from a similar scenario

• Like 1

Was thinking a similar thing earlier. Then again your always on to a loser seemingly taking satisfaction when we've just lost.

If Barry was to come in as player-manager I think they might go for a director of football as well with Lerner seemingly being so big on Premiership experience, that's if it's Lerner who makes the call.

He's had such an easy ride so far in my opinion and that's mainly because he isn't Alex McLeish.

I've just read his Birmingham Mail interview where he states "We're not in a relegation battle" and "There are plenty of teams worse than ourselves"

Laughable comments having been beaten by arguably two of the worst teams in the league in consecutive games. I can remember when McLeish was in his last few games when we lost to Bolton at home and the atmosphere towards the manager was full of hate and spite. Don't think we're far away from a similar scenario

We aren't in a relegation fight though. We are just on a very poor run of form.

I just want Lambert gone as soon as possible. Stick Cowans in charge until the end of the season and then start again.

If Barry was to come in as player-manager I think they might go for a director of football as well with Lerner seemingly being so big on Premiership experience, that's if it's Lerner who makes the call.

I don't think that the present owner will be here.

Barry is a player highly regarded by those who watch him, and he has more recently performed with distinction for a club with wealthy owners.

If you are buying the Villa, don't have an obvious manager, need experience on the pitch, and to bring a disgruntled, albeit reserved, support on side, who would you call?

Â