Paul Lambert

limpid

"I couldn't fault the lads for their work-rate.

Sigh...

Just watched the interview. He almost sounds like he is pleading at the end for the fans not to turn on him and the team. The team needs a kick up the arse, not all this protection from Lambert. Only angers the fans more at his lack of acknowledgements towards what really happened on the pitch. 

The team does need a kick up the arse - but not, perhaps in front of the media.

Not defending him - but what is he supposed say that will make us all feel ok ? - I think the significance of press conferences and interviews is overstated 

Exactly. It amazes me how much Lambert gets slaughtered for what he says during interviews when there aren't exactly a lack of other more important things to criticise him about.

Stoke was the only time I've seen him say it wasn't good enough. I don't expect him to tear the team apart but I would like some acknowledgements that he understands what the problems are and that they need to be addressed. 

Because we are almost a whole season in and nothing has changed. Well actually, things have only gone downhill.

And how will being negative help that? Find me a player that has said fans booing and moaning helps their performances.

Are we as fans just supposed to do nothing and pretend to be okay with watching a club that should at the least be easily in the top 10 every year play such appalling football due to awful decision making? Let's cheer because we are pretty cack? I don't think so. I've seen us play well twice at home this year, that's a disgrace. We play shit football and lose, what's the point?

Read what I've written and not what you want to me to write.

That's a fantastic way to completely avoid the point.

It's only apt given that you completely missed my point in the first place.

As I said, this black and white approach to things on this forum is getting pretty tiring.

Good luck defending that for the handful that still back him.

There will always be one or two that will still defend him because not to would be admitting they were wrong and they haven't got the guts to admit that!
There will always be one or two that are happy with us losing because they pathetically cling onto proving somebody on the internet wrong.
Hahahaha

Good one.

So you don't think that somewhere on the internet, there are people who would happily see their team lose, so that they can 'get one over' someone they have constant arguments with??

Hahahhahahaha good one!

• Like 1

Hey there's always next season!

That's when everything not working this and the previous season will magically slot into place and we'll be a joy to watch coasting up the table.

Right?

Are we as fans just supposed to do nothing and pretend to be okay with watching a club that should at the least be easily in the top 10 every year play such appalling football due to awful decision making? Let's cheer because we are pretty cack? I don't think so. I've seen us play well twice at home this year, that's a disgrace. We play shit football and lose, what's the point?

As I said, this black and white approach to things on this forum is getting pretty tiring.

You asked how negativity would help, I responded with how positivity makes no sense. My post was in a full spectrum of colour.  :)

How about Barry as Player Manager under a director of football. (Just kidding)

I get the impression from an Everton forum that he either has a choice of taking wage cut to 50 thousand a week to stay at Everton or go and play in the MLS.

How about Barry as Player Manager under a director of football. (Just kidding)

I get the impression from an Everton forum that he either has a choice of taking wage cut to 50 thousand a week to stay at Everton or go and play in the MLS.

Out of the mouths of babes..........

Wenger anyone?!

Maybe Rosler would be better............ :)

You asked how negativity would help, I responded with how positivity makes no sense. My post was in a full spectrum of colour.  :)

By positivity I don't mean pretending that everything is fine - I just mean fans supporting their team.

Because we are almost a whole season in and nothing has changed. Well actually, things have only gone downhill.

And how will being negative help that? Find me a player that has said fans booing and moaning helps their performances.

No it's your posts which are getting pretty tiring when there isn't a black and white approach.

No it's your posts which are getting pretty tiring when there isn't a black and white approach.

And yet whenever anyone says anything that deviate from the most extreme anti-Lambert line (and this doesn't even have to be defending him) they get accused of things like being "happy" about us going down to the Championship.

It happens all the time on here. According to many people on here I think absolutely everything is going fantastic at Villa, apparently.

Some people.... I don't like the way he plays football, I haven't said I support him. Tactically he gets it wrong sometimes, he needs money, one more season to prove himself...... But I wont say anything nasty about him because its not right. You know who you are??

If a employee of a company is crap at his job, he gets talked about in no uncertain terms or words to describe him, period!! Its the nature of the job.

L L D L W W L L L L

Paul Lambert's last 8 games. Wow, he instills me with so much confidence.

Wow, sarcasm, that's a new one.
wow, slagging off someones post, that's a new one!
I wouldn't call it slagging off, I would call it criticising. We're on a forum, people will comment on things you say unfortunately.
  • Like 1

I dont know how the bloke has the nerve to face the media he needs to hang his head in shame. Im confident that if we played half of the championship now we would lose. there are at least 3 teams in the championship who are better than us. Tactically inept and has built a squad full of cheap lower league players who are no better than players we had

• Like 1

Â