Paul Lambert

limpid

Some posters on this thread seem to think that unless you've wanted Lambert out since Christmas, you're not allowed to want him out ever.

Silly if anybody is giving that impression. More people realising Lambert isn't very good, no matter how late, can only be a positive thing in my book.

I have voiced my doubts since the fluke over Man City at home but have always maintained he should be given until next Xmas, but I can't now - this just isn't football the way I want to see it played. If given another window he will just buy another couple of target men and lumpers.

I think his brief is to keep villa up with the smallest possible outlay. It is for that reason I don't expect him to be fired any time soon.

I think he will walk. Whilst I don't think he is up to the job I'm starting to think he looks like a man that's had enough.

• Like 1

I think his brief is to keep villa up with the smallest possible outlay. It is for that reason I don't expect him to be fired any time soon.

I think he will walk. Whilst I don't think he is up to the job I'm starting to think he looks like a man that's had enough.
If Randy was honest with him and told him he was in to keep Villa up and b a shoe string budget then I don't see why he'd walk. Maybe he'll be fed up of it in the summer and quit then.

1. Maybe Paul Lambert is up against it with Lerner and Faulkner in charge but the team currently reflect him - dull, nervous and uninspiring

5:06 PM - 12 Apr 2014 · Details

@Matt_Law_DT Two years is plenty of time to prove his worth. No progress made. OUT!

Just so so poor today - no heart. Tactics bereft. I just don't get it - there have been signs at times of a plan, but we're too inconsistent in play for us to be building to something.

Last time I started to question we followed up with a dominant victory against Norwich. I hope this time we do the same. But I'm starting to wonder. 

How about Barry as Player Manager under a director of football. (Just kidding)

I get the impression from an Everton forum that he either has a choice of taking wage cut to 50 thousand a week to stay at Everton or go and play in the MLS.

Out of the mouths of babes..........

If you think or wonder that there maybe some truth in what I wrote, I think that that's a pretty insulting way of showing it I don't know if that was the aim.

And it hasn't really come out of my mouth, at least not the implied idea and also I don't want to put words in other people's mouths.

I doubt very much there is anything in these rumours of Barry signing a 4 year deal with us but if it were to be true I'd have to imagine that it would involve some sort of coaching role.

Not meant as an insult at all, indeed the meaning is that you have said something that may well be wise and close to the truth.

I assume the fact that you have taken umbrage is a generational thing, as it is not something that you have heard before.

I'm with adw95 why can't we show displeasure at a game? It's been crap for 3 years at home and Fulham was the tipping point.

Lambert praises the players for their effort but you need more than that. Maybe a hostile atmosphere might galvanise the players to put a shift in. Let's face it, our support this season has resulted in a record number of defeats. Could anyone really blame us for having a go?

All a hostile atmosphere will do is galvanise the opposing team.

What do you suggest then? Sit there as there are "plenty of teams worse than us" (another nugget from our manager today)

I'm with adw95 why can't we show displeasure at a game? It's been crap for 3 years at home and Fulham was the tipping point.

Lambert praises the players for their effort but you need more than that. Maybe a hostile atmosphere might galvanise the players to put a shift in. Let's face it, our support this season has resulted in a record number of defeats. Could anyone really blame us for having a go?

In all fairness there has been an ambivalent atmosphere at VP all season, with at least 11 of our opponents suitably galvanised anyway.

• Like 1

I've been a supporter of Lambert's last season and all of this season, with the opinion that we need stability and he's the man for the job etc etc etc, but I just can't defend it any more. I've had enough now, and I'm sure that he's probably lost a very large portion of the fans today. 

• Like 1

What do you suggest then? Sit there as there are "plenty of teams worse than us" (another nugget from our manager today)

Give the team all the support we can while the game is on.

It's sad, because I think he's an alright bloke (more so than our last four managers) but I just can't see it working. 

well if you'd ever met McLeish, you'd know he was a really nice bloke. doesn't mean shit sadly

Â