Paul Lambert

limpid

Are we as fans just supposed to do nothing and pretend to be okay with watching a club that should at the least be easily in the top 10 every year play such appalling football due to awful decision making? Let's cheer because we are pretty cack? I don't think so. I've seen us play well twice at home this year, that's a disgrace. We play shit football and lose, what's the point?

Read what I've written and not what you want to me to write.

That's a fantastic way to completely avoid the point.

It's only apt given that you completely missed my point in the first place.

As I said, this black and white approach to things on this forum is getting pretty tiring.

You asked how negativity would help, I responded with how positivity makes no sense. My post was in a full spectrum of colour.  :)

By positivity I don't mean pretending that everything is fine - I just mean fans supporting their team.

Is an average attendance of well over 80% of the capacity and seemingly selling out all away allocations not supporting the team? If the football is constantly bad and we are constantly losing why should the fans going to games not show displeasure?

• Like 2

How about Barry as Player Manager under a director of football. (Just kidding)

I get the impression from an Everton forum that he either has a choice of taking wage cut to 50 thousand a week to stay at Everton or go and play in the MLS.

Out of the mouths of babes..........

If you think or wonder that there maybe some truth in what I wrote, I think that that's a pretty insulting way of showing it I don't know if that was the aim.

And it hasn't really come out of my mouth, at least not the implied idea and also I don't want to put words in other people's mouths.

I doubt very much there is anything in these rumours of Barry signing a 4 year deal with us but if it were to be true I'd have to imagine that it would involve some sort of coaching role.

Edited by useless

Is an average attendance of well over 80% of the capacity and seemingly selling out all away allocations not supporting the team? If the football is constantly bad and we are constantly losing why should the fans going to games not show displeasure?

I'm talking about properly getting behind the team.

To be honest the only thing I have a problem with is booing and being negative during a game.

I've heard from a few people that the away support turned on him today.  That's usually a bad sign when the most dedicated fans have had enough.  I was away at Wigan when it happened to McLeish, and you can tell then that there's no way back.

• Like 1

To be honest the only thing I have a problem with is booing and being negative during a game.

Which only happens in dire circumstances so I don't see your point.

I've heard from a few people that the away support turned on him today.  That's usually a bad sign when the most dedicated fans have had enough.  I was away at Wigan when it happened to McLeish, and you can tell then that there's no way back.

There is a way back, it just involves winning games!

Dear Paul - you have £40m to spend; do you:

a) Buy 2-3 top quality players?

B) Buy 15 championship quality player that you loan out or put on the bench?

Okay fine, but if you buy 2-3 top Premier players they'll demand top wages, and that's when the problem starts because we won't pay them. That's why we look towards the lower leagues.

I'm no Lambert fan (and I want him out) but Lerner dictates the wages. It's Lerner who is the major problem not the manager.

"We go again", it's like he wants people to ridicule him. Stop saying that stupid phrase brother, it's like you want to tell us that everything is OK no matter what, because we have a new game next week. Doesn't work like that. Be crap for too long and we relegate, easy as that.

Which only happens in dire circumstances so I don't see your point.

My point is that booing and moaning during a game make things worse.

I'm with adw95 why can't we show displeasure at a game? It's been crap for 3 years at home and Fulham was the tipping point.

Lambert praises the players for their effort but you need more than that. Maybe a hostile atmosphere might galvanise the players to put a shift in. Let's face it, our support this season has resulted in a record number of defeats. Could anyone really blame us for having a go?

• Like 1

Some posters on this thread seem to think that unless you've wanted Lambert out since Christmas, you're not allowed to want him out ever.

I wanted him out first!

(Which is probably just about true!)

I'm with adw95 why can't we show displeasure at a game? It's been crap for 3 years at home and Fulham was the tipping point.

Lambert praises the players for their effort but you need more than that. Maybe a hostile atmosphere might galvanise the players to put a shift in. Let's face it, our support this season has resulted in a record number of defeats. Could anyone really blame us for having a go?

All a hostile atmosphere will do is galvanise the opposing team.

Some posters on this thread seem to think that unless you've wanted Lambert out since Christmas, you're not allowed to want him out ever.

I wanted him out first!

That appears to be what people want to show off about.

No doubt the same people did the same thing when Mcleish/Houllier wasn't doing well. I'd love to see our side now if Houllier had stayed though.

• Like 1

I wanted him out first!

I didn't wan't him here in the first place :D

I don't think that is the case is it. On here there have been supporters that never wanted him, those that wanted him sacked last January, those that wanted him sacked last January then changed their minds, that have wanted him out over the last 3 months, that decided today enough is enough and supporters that still back him.

We are all entitled to our opinion and all entitled to change our minds.

We may disagree with each other about how to go about it but bottom line is that we all want the best for this great club and are all gutted about the state we are in. I know I am.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Â