Paul Lambert

limpid

The only way he will go, is if he walks, or we do get the new owners.

Otherwise, I am not so sure.

Dodgy, I have to ask. Why the signature? It stinks of "everybody look at me I was right!!" which is a bit, erm, dodgy. Congratulations, you were right. Why gloat about it?

I got a lot of shit about that thread, yet everything I said has played out. I'm pissed off we are struggling when it was all there for us to see from months back. My point is that we as fans have been blind to it all and it is about time we start looking at where the mistakes were made - and who is at fault, from Lerner to Faulkner. I'm not clever, I cannot see the future, but I picked out everything wrong and have seen it happen - so why can't Lerner and co? Simple.

You actually make a very good point. If some supporters have seen what has been coming from a mile off then why have those responsible for the well being of this great club had their heads in the sand.

• Like 1

Personally I'd be all for fans protests/banners against the Lambert or Lerner. After many a dismal home performance I've been to this season, most fans I've encountered seem to just accept this is what the team has become. They almost seem beaten down by the last 4 years and the whole place has no atmosphere or ambition.  

Lambert has never truly lost the fans at home which I think he has been very fortunate about.  

Dodgyknees - Nobody from the club is reading. They don't care what you think.

True... but maybe it gets others thinking... I hope... we need to get rid of everybody at the club. All of the crap.. and get somebody in who doesn't run it like Rita's cabin.

Are people really only just realising that he isn't the man to move us forward? I started to realise when he used his 5-0-5 formation against Bradford, you wouldn't even try that shit on Football Manager.

I've asked about 5 times over the last year what Lambert has done in his time here to make them optimistic, and I have never once had a reply, which just makes me think the positive brigade on here are just trolls.

We're in a horrible place right now, there are many managers out there who are just as bad or God forbid, worse than Lambert. We need to get really lucky if/when we finally get rid of PL. I really wish we got Martinez :(

• Like 1

True... but maybe it gets others thinking... I hope... we need to get rid of everybody at the club. All of the crap.. and get somebody in who doesn't run it like Rita's cabin.

Come on man, it looks a bit cringy. No offense as I enjoy many of your posts.

• Like 1

This, to be fair. It's why I've brought it up with you in a nice way. It doesn't bother me but it potentially comes across as 'wooo I was right' which I know isn't the message you're trying to portray.

This, to be fair. It's why I've brought it up with you in a nice way. It doesn't bother me but it potentially comes across as 'wooo I was right' which I know isn't the message you're trying to portray.

:thumb: tis changed.

• Like 1

"It is what it is."

Shit, is what it is Lambert.

Ha! Did he say that? Brilliant. 

"Aston Villa have lost three successive games in the Premier League and could equal their worst run of defeats in the competition under Paul Lambert (four games in Dec 2013)."

Congratulations Lamberk another record following our 2 leg loss to a 2nd division side.

Come back McLeish all is forgiven.

more booing and negativity is not going to help.

Well, our support at home has been mostly positive so far and has yielded 10+ losses, so it really can't hurt.

Of course it can. It certainly won't help so why do it?

(The point being our home performances can't get any worse)

They can, but that's besides the point.

I find it pretty pathetic that some people seem more interested in point scoring and getting in sly digs at other fans rather than talking about Lambert.

more booing and negativity is not going to help.

Well, our support at home has been mostly positive so far and has yielded 10+ losses, so it really can't hurt.

Of course it can. It certainly won't help so why do it?

To show a bit of protest. What's wrong with showing that you're not happy with the way the club is run?

God almighty why are you so apathetic?

I never said fans couldn't protest, I just think it should be left until after the game.

I'm not apathetic at all. This is exactly what I mean about black and white thinking and people seeing what they want to see and not what's actually there. Just because I want to see fans get behind the team during the game doesn't mean I don't care what is going on. What an absolutely pathetic and ridiculous accusation.

Because we are almost a whole season in and nothing has changed. Well actually, things have only gone downhill.

And how will being negative help that? Find me a player that has said fans booing and moaning helps their performances.
I think most of us are at the point where we no longer care what the players think because the majority of them have been awful, in conjunction with the 'team' performances on the pitch. So in fact the fans changing their tune will probably mean we get the same outcome as we would have if we had been right behind them. Or we might be treated to a draw.

It just doesn't help - any player will tell you this.

Because we are almost a whole season in and nothing has changed. Well actually, things have only gone downhill.

And how will being negative help that? Find me a player that has said fans booing and moaning helps their performances.

Are we as fans just supposed to do nothing and pretend to be okay with watching a club that should at the least be easily in the top 10 every year play such appalling football due to awful decision making? Let's cheer because we are pretty cack? I don't think so. I've seen us play well twice at home this year, that's a disgrace. We play shit football and lose, what's the point?

Read what I've written and not what you want to me to write.

"I couldn't fault the lads for their work-rate.

Sigh...

Just watched the interview. He almost sounds like he is pleading at the end for the fans not to turn on him and the team. The team needs a kick up the arse, not all this protection from Lambert. Only angers the fans more at his lack of acknowledgements towards what really happened on the pitch. 

My thoughts as well.

'it was predicted'

'I told you so'

Is there a difference?

Let's hope that we all get what we want during the summer. A new mega rich owner and a new (player) manager.

Sigh...

Just watched the interview. He almost sounds like he is pleading at the end for the fans not to turn on him and the team. The team needs a kick up the arse, not all this protection from Lambert. Only angers the fans more at his lack of acknowledgements towards what really happened on the pitch. 

The team does need a kick up the arse - but not, perhaps in front of the media.

Not defending him - but what is he supposed say that will make us all feel ok ? - I think the significance of press conferences and interviews is overstated 

• Like 1

Sigh...

The team does need a kick up the arse - but not, perhaps in front of the media.

Not defending him - but what is he supposed say that will make us all feel ok ? - I think the significance of press conferences and interviews is overstated 

Exactly. It amazes me how much Lambert gets slaughtered for what he says during interviews when there aren't exactly a lack of other more important things to criticise him about.

Edited by Mantis

Are we as fans just supposed to do nothing and pretend to be okay with watching a club that should at the least be easily in the top 10 every year play such appalling football due to awful decision making? Let's cheer because we are pretty cack? I don't think so. I've seen us play well twice at home this year, that's a disgrace. We play shit football and lose, what's the point?

Read what I've written and not what you want to me to write.

That's a fantastic way to completely avoid the point.

Â