Paul Lambert

limpid

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If 2020 wasn't bad enough, I end up reading this thread again  

Horrendous manager, worst one during my life as a villa fan. 

Didn't relegate us.

Levels above Garde and Di Matteo.

Done a better job than Smith if we are relegated this season

• Haha 1

I struggle to understand how Lambert did a bad job for us. 

Was given a crap squad and next to no budget.

You can say what you want about him but keeping us up for 2 seasons with that squad isn't a bad job.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You can say what you want about him but keeping us up for 2 seasons with that squad isn't a bad job.

where do i start he lost to a league 2 club over 2 legs,  got knocked out to lower league teams in the cup. Lied to fans every week saying we were excellent. i could go on if you want? 🤣

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

for a supporter that is easily embarrassed by how Villa play its quite hypocritical that you stand up for Lambert.

Then again if everybody liked him you wouldnt 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villaluke said:

where do i start he lost to a league 2 club over 2 legs,  got knocked out to lower league teams in the cup. Lied to fans every week saying we were excellent. i could go on if you want? 🤣

His results in the league tells he did an ok job.

I don't care about the cup. Staying up is all that matters and he did that for 2 seasons with a crap squad and no budget. I rest my case.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

His results in the league tells he did an ok job.

I don't care about the cup. Staying up is all that matters and he did that for 2 seasons with a crap squad and no budget. I rest my case.

I am sure you were embarrassed losing 0-3 at home to tinpot WIgan since some of our narrow losses this season embarrassed you.

7 full games without a goal and 10 defeats in 13 in his final season would have also embarrassed you.

The Lambert reign must have made you hate football since you are easily embarrassed by Villa losses under Smith

• Thanks 1

As long as we don't get relegated i can take some embarrassments.

Lambert was given the task to stay up on a shoe string budget. He accomplished that, good job. 

Edited by villalad21

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

As long as we don't get relegated i can take some embarrassments.

Lambert was given the task to stay up on a shoe string budget. He accomplished that, good job. 

And what about his last season, when it took Sherwood to come in to keep us up. 
What about those run of games December 2013, where we didn’t even have a shot. 

Currently we aren’t relegated, yet you consistently put down Smith and everything his team do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

And what about his last season, when it took Sherwood to come in to keep us up. 
What about those run of games December 2013, where we didn’t even have a shot. 

Currently we aren’t relegated, yet you consistently put down Smith and everything his team do.

Survival was his objective and that's exactly what he did.

Not putting Smith down. Just disagreeing with the idea of Lambert doing an awful job. Am I allowed to have that opinion ?

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Survival was his objective and that's exactly what he did.

Not putting Smith down. Just disagreeing with the idea of Lambert doing an awful job. Am I allowed to have that opinion ?

Survival was this year's **** objective 

7 hours ago, villaluke said:

I quite like Lambert and think he generally did a decent job in shit cirumstances while he was here, albeit ultimately losing the plot towards the end.

That said, the League Cup was ours to win that season, losing to Bradford over two legs was unforgivable. A microcosm of the **** of being a Villa fan over the past 10 years

10 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Survival was this year's **** objective 

How do you know?

How Purslow were talking it seem like they had no interest and intentions being in a relegation battle. Hence the amount of money spent. 

In the summer when getting this question Purslow said he'd be thrilled with a top half finish. So i think it's likely the board expected us to finish mid table after all the money they put in.

If Lambert had 130 million to spend i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be in a relegation battle.

Edited by villalad21

Anybody who didn't think survival this season was the aim is deluded

We had the shortest build up of a promoted team ever

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Anybody who didn't think survival this season was the aim is deluded

We had the shortest build up of a promoted team ever

I completely agree.

The problem was a lot of fans shifted their expectations based on the amount of the money we spent, rather than the level of quality and experience of our squad.

"best transfer window ever"

"we've got the best owners in the world"

We spent a lot of money on punts.

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Did you read the Marc Albrighton interview?

The bloke was a lying useless scabby mumbling word removed of the highest order.

There's not much that gets my back up in football today, I generally don't care that much...but this prick, total fraud of a manager, treats players like dogshit, continues to get work (no idea why), continually fails. This wankwer put me off live football for life, all I have to thank him for is the money I now use elsewhere.

Edited by rjw63
Added venom
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The bloke was a lying useless scabby mumbling word removed of the highest order.

There's not much that gets my back up in football today, I generally don't care that much...but this prick, total fraud of a manager, treats players like dogshit, continues to get work (no idea why), continually fails. This wankwer put me off live football for life, all I have to thank him for is the money I now use elsewhere.

Barry Bannan said the same thing about Lambert. He was Bannan hero as a kid

I'm kind of torn on Lambert because not only was the squad shit to start with, he was told to keep reducing the wage bill further and further. I think keeping us up was an achievement to be pleased with (even if he is a word removed).

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Gabby said the players liked him.

Â