Paul Lambert

limpid

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Gabby said the players liked him.

The ones he didn't treat like words removed and put in the Bomb Squad, of course

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The ones he didn't treat like words removed and put in the Bomb Squad, of course

The question isn't if he was likable. The question is did he do an awful job?

He was asked to cut the wage bill and stay in the league on a shoestring budget. He achieved this=He did an ok job. He did what he was asked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He was asked to cut the wage bill and stay in the league on a shoestring budget. He achieved this=He did an ok job. He did what he was asked.

On paper yes.

Did you actually watch the games?

It was **** rubbish.

says it all when there was no one better than Westwood to play in the middle every **** week. He signed some utter dross as well as being a knob.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

On paper yes.

Did you actually watch the games?

It was **** rubbish.

says it all when there was no one better than Westwood to play in the middle every **** week. He signed some utter dross as well as being a knob.

Been rubbish for most of this season as well.

We had a woeful squad. He was forced to recruit players from the lower leagues like Westwood and Lowton. What do you expect?

Last season i wanted him gone. It looked like the project had run it's course and he looked lost. First 2 season's we had some good moments. Will never forget Weimann's winner against Citeh

Edited by villalad21

I've said it before but we should have gone down the season before. We got freak wins against Arsenal, high flying Southampton and Liverpool away, Chelsea at home. That's 12 points we absolutely stole. Against the also rans we were horse turd 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I've said it before but we should have gone down the season before. We got freak wins against Arsenal, high flying Southampton and Liverpool away, Chelsea at home. That's 12 points we absolutely stole. Against the also rans we were horse turd 

Yeah we could do with some of those freak wins this season

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

That Southampton game was one of the biggest robberies in history. I remember thinking 3-2 we must have played exciting football then i saw the highlights 😂😂

Liverpool game we drew that season though they were his favourite opponents

Edited by Zatman

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Final season the wage bill went through the roof so he didnt really.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm kind of torn on Lambert because not only was the squad shit to start with, he was told to keep reducing the wage bill further and further. I think keeping us up was an achievement to be pleased with (even if he is a word removed).

No he wasn't and no he didnt. His last season he bought in Senderos, Cole Richardson, Sinclair, Cissoko , Sanchez and Gil. Sure, they cost nothing next to nothing but that is probably a near 250k a week on absolute horseshite. 

1m a month added to the wagebill with next to zero outgoings to cover it in account of the fact he continually bought shite.

• Like 1

Luna...why not just given Steven's a shot instead of paying money for a pub player 

Bowery...Robinson.

Sylla...Bannan

Cole Richardson Tonev...Albrighton

Why continually every summer pay money to sign inferior players than the ones on the books already. He bought about 4 left backs in Cissokho, Luna, Bennett and Richardson and not one has enough come close to having a career like the one he released. Factor in the transfer fees, wages , agent fees.Maybe give the kid a shot instead of buying footballers from a garage sale?

• Like 2

Lambert's record since he left Villa confirms what sort of manager he is. 

Whatever he had at Norwich, that was seemingly the outlier. He's been poor since. 

That being said, a lot of ex players on Under the Cosh really like him. Said his media persona, the dour dull bore, was nothing like what he was like in the dressing room. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Lambert's record since he left Villa confirms what sort of manager he is. 

Whatever he had at Norwich, that was seemingly the outlier. He's been poor since. 

That being said, a lot of ex players on Under the Cosh really like him. Said his media persona, the dour dull bore, was nothing like what he was like in the dressing room. 

Understatement!

• Haha 4

Whatever promise he had the Villa experience grounded it out of him.  I suspect Culverhouse may have been the brains of the operation as he was his assistant at Colcherster and Norwich which are his only good points on his CV, apart from his playing career.  I stuck by him until the end of his 2nd season when you tell it was falling apart and that 3 month spell in his first season was a fluke. The atmosphere especially away from then on was poisonous. Granted it wasn't just Lambert as Lerner had given up but it was a miserable time following Villa.

Villa have done a lot of bizarre things in the years I have been following them and will do more in the future no doubt. But to give Lambert and Flabby new contract as we won 3 out of his 4 league games at the start of the 14/15 is right at the top of the list. Madness. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
Â