Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

My first thought when I woke this morning and seen we had signed no one before the window closed was "oh well, we've had a good window anyway, could have done with 1 more midfielder, but it isn't the end of the world"

Now I've come home from work to this.....Tell the kid to feck off and sit on ManU's bench.

I do however believe all the asking for 80k per week is down to his agent. Agents are the evil in football.

• Like 1

Welcome Tom. I think you may have some work to do getting fans onside. But I trust you are professional enough to knuckle down and get on with your football.

It seems that Lambert / Keane wanted the player in and thats enough for me. And I think we may have actually played a blinder here and we have turned his agent over 

Interview will be interesting though

Planned midfield three of Sanchez, Delph, Cleverley?

Have a feeling Westwood will raise his game and keep Sanchez out of the team. Cole might come in for one of them if he hits form. 

Options in all positions by November has me all smiles :D

• Like 1

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 

Villa can complete a £7.5m deal for Cleverley in January if the player impresses.

£7.5m.. what.

Absolutely perfect deal for us if this is true.

We essentially get a 4 month interview for peanuts and can choose to spend that £7.5m elsewhere if we see fit.

Some people will recoil at the £7.5M but, given some of the fees been thrown around this summer, this one doesn't look too bad.

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 

Villa can complete a £7.5m deal for Cleverley in January if the player impresses.

£7.5m.. what.

Well yeah, because that's what we were going to sign him for anyway. The other option is to let him go back in January and/or let somebody else sign him. It's basically the same deal we agreed almost a week ago, except now both parties have a few months to assess each other. 

Â