Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

We've actually come out of this better than buying him. And if there's a buy clause in the deal then you'd expect it to be significantly less than £8m.

Totally understand your logic, but suspect it might not be true.

As Tom was a youth player at Man Ure would they not be entitlted to compensation even if he was out of contract? Is there an age at which this stops applying?

(I suspect we could now have Giggs for free as his contract is up!)

We've actually come out of this better than buying him. And if there's a buy clause in the deal then you'd expect it to be significantly less than £8m.

Yep, looks like we've played this pretty well TBH. Refused to get taken for a ride by his agent and had faith in his desire to play being greater than his patience with his agent's greed. You'd think we'd have an option to buy in Jan seeing as the loan is till Jan and his contract is up in the summer.

Welcome Tom, your agent is a dick.

• Like 1

As Tom was a youth player at Man Ure would they not be entitlted to compensation even if he was out of contract? Is there an age at which this stops applying?

• Like 1

His wages have to remain the same as he is on at United. He hasn't signed a new contract he's just gone on loan to us. Fees we pay United is the only thing that is part of the deal. They will remain paying all his wages though we pay them indirectly. That's how these are done at an accountancy level.

Fair play to Cleverly, we were probably offering him more money than he was on at United but he wants to go out and prove he's worth more than we were offering. That's self confidence, fair play as if he gets injured in second half of the season he's in trouble

Cheers; I'll get my coat.

Milfner - we should give them £1 loan fee, and Darren Bent in January.

Â