Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Nothing on the official site yet. Reading back on here few pages it looks like a loan until January with an option to buy for £7.5m?

eeer isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Could be garbage, could be a great signing ..... it won't be anywhere in the middle !

I'm reassured by the fact Everton wanted him as they are not a club who traditionally buy rubbish.

Welcome Tom !

#UTV

• Like 2

It wouldn't be £7.5 as we will have been paying a portion towards this between now & January.

It could be that a loan deal was the only way to work this, given the time frame involved.

Villa have a reputation of conducting their business honourably. if a deal was agreed in August, it would just carry on until January. We have the added option of not continuing, if it doesn't look like its working out.

Even if he did want to go to Everton, so what, he probably wanted to join a club he could help get to europe next year, we are not honestly close to that yet. We are an upcoming team and Everton are almost there. who can honestly blame him. now he is with us we get behind him.

In fairness he wouldn't have had to relocate either. I don't think we should take it so personally. 

Clearly Lambert wanted him badly and was willing to fork over 8 mil to get him. Given his record of signings (bar the gone cheapo trio last summer) he's done superb with the very tough constrains he was under. His two biggest signings were Vlaar and Benteke and they proved to be rather good I might say. 

For that reason I've pretty much total faith in him and as such big faith in Cleverly. So I'm delighted we got him. 

• Like 1

His two biggest signings were Vlaar and Benteke and they proved to be rather good I might say. 

Vlaar's not even in Lambert's top 3 biggest signings in terms of fee afaik

Edited by P3te

Not bothered with him preferring everton, but the whole deal still feels a bit fishy. But, now he's here and he's another player to pull on the most beautiful jersey in the world. Welcome, Tom! Hope you can make us forgetting this saga and just remember how good you were playing for us. A winner against liverpool in about two weeks will do.

But, the official twitter statement said season long loan, not just untill January, didn't it?

• Like 1

Â