Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

His two biggest signings were Vlaar and Benteke and they proved to be rather good I might say. 

Vlaar's not even in Lambert's top 3 biggest signings in terms of fee afaik

Think Kozak was more expensive but that's it. He was laying well when he got injured so can't judge that signing fully yet. Plus centre forwards always command higher fees. 

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 

Villa can complete a £7.5m deal for Cleverley in January if the player impresses.

£7.5m.. what.

Why would we do that when we can sign him for free in the summer?

Because then anyone will be able to sign him. The 7.5m is probably exaggerated anyway.

Anyone can sign him on a pre-contract on January 1st anyway.

Very much this, Also added to the fact is the 2 club per season rule, so he either stays with us for the full season and puts himself in the window or goes back to utd reserves with little to non exposure.

Everyone's a winner except lill old man utd!.. Bonnet De Douche.

I dont mind the fact that he wanted to join Everton before us. Its the middle of the road club comment that i found a bit unnescessary. It was from his agent though so guess it might not have been his exact words

I dont think it's true. But even if the quote were genuine...we really can't argue can we? Sad to admit I know.

I dont mind the fact that he wanted to join Everton before us. Its the middle of the road club comment that i found a bit unnescessary. It was from his agent though so guess it might not have been his exact words

I dont think it's true. But even if the quote were genuine...we really can't argue can we? Sad to admit I know.

The quote is from his agent and it is genuine, also, sadly true.

Pat Murphy saying United can recall him in January if they choose, or we can make it permanent. Or, presumably, neither.

Probably the oddest transfer deal I can remember, but I'm glad we've got him in, I think he could be a decent player for us. The nice thing is that if he isn't we can sack him off.

Anyone can sign him on a pre-contract on January 1st anyway.
only clubs outside the player's current owners' country can sign pre-contracts on jan 1st. Cleverley won't be able to sign a pre-contract with anyone in England apart from us

The quote is from his agent and it is genuine, also, sadly true.

Easy to type words. Verify that this is true, that the agent said this. Otherwise I'm almost certain it was made up.

Agents are well paid, intelligent professionals. 99% of people who follow football and jabber on twitter and forums are not.

I doubt any agent decided to publically mock the team he was trying to get his client to join and pocket himself a large fee.  

A season long loan deal is much better than shelling out £8m on him IMO. Let's face it, he is still going to want to play well for us anyway because he will want to earn a new deal whether it is us or a new club. Seems like a win-win situation for the Villa and that'll do for me :) 

I can't see how this is anything other than positive. We get to add a player with something to prove to our squad ( and we are lacking in numbers in his position ) for minimal risk and with a potential of a permanent deal if it works out well for all parties. If it doesn't go well, then we haven't really lost anything.

The Everton's situation doesn't bother me either, of course he'd have preferred to go to a club that are better than us at the moment, are closer to home for him and with a manager who he's previously been successful with. If you were in his shoes I think everyone would have preferred that option.

Welcome aboard Tom

• Like 1

I can't see how this is anything other than positive. We get to add a player with something to prove to our squad ( and we are lacking in numbers in his position ) for minimal risk and with a potential of a permanent deal if it works out well for all parties. If it doesn't go well, then we haven't really lost anything.

The Everton's situation doesn't bother me either, of course he'd have preferred to go to a club that are better than us at the moment, are closer to home for him and with a manager who he's previously been successful with. If you were in his shoes I think everyone would have preferred that option.

Welcome aboard Tom

Totally echo the above. I'd also add that we know no facts at all about the Everton stuff. Sounds to me like 2+2=9. Welcome aboard.

a) If the image is of him scoring past us - who cares! Thats what he was paid by them to do!

B) We have NO FACTS about the whole hoo-har with Everton. How do we know that we didnt pull the plug, THEN he went to speak to Everton THEN that fell through THEN we changed our goalposts.

c) Welcome to the club! Let's hope you're more of a Delph than a Djemba-Djemba.

This is what the Guardian are reporting as has happened: http://goo.gl/vNSkBj

• Like 1

due to Financial Fair Play these loan to become permanent deals are more common now given amortisation of transfer fees offset by player sales. Along with income vs wages. 

If I say to you, yes I want him but I'll pay 1 million more if we do loan deal for this year and I sign him permanent in Jan. I'll pay all his wages. You don't say no to me. But on my side I am working within the FFP constraints. 

time to get used to this kind of deal.

I was under the impression that the "Middle of the road club" comment was made by a talking head on a radio station and not anyone actually in the Cleverley camp. 

Yep.

So much utter balls been spouted on this deal in the last 48 hours, sadly people seem willing to believe all sorts of stuff regardless of the source. I believe the 80k rubbish was from someone similar.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that the "Middle of the road club" comment was made by a talking head on a radio station and not anyone actually in the Cleverley camp. 

I'm sure it was, but then we get the chinese whispers and whatever emotion (I like/ dkislike / hate) the person in question becomes the key factor in how you repeate it.

Accuracy is the least important thing. 

Yeah can somebody shed some light on this? I'm confused and have only seen the reference made on VT. Surely he's not going to have said something as stupid as that on his first day?

Â