Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I see the  Micheal Keane - Burnley loan move was ratified about an hour ago. Maybe some panel is working through them case-by-case. I'm at an advantage here as I genuinely don't care either way.

If he joins - good, should bulk up numbers (as we obviously banked on a CM joining) and he might put in a shift as he has a point to prove/mega contract to earn

if he doesn't join - ah well, we'll plough through this season, be vulnerable to injuries but might see an unproven youth given a chance instead (Or worst case, Clark/Okore/Righardson moved to CM)

• Like 1

A slight murmur on twitter - that although we got paperwork in....it wasn't the official stuff...so looks doubtful

I knew we should have splashed out on proper stationery instead of that Dora the Explorer stuff!

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1m

Tom Cleverley's loan move to Aston Villa from Manchester United has been approved by the Premier a League. #avfc #MUFC

1911821e979df0ebdeafa545a988ad34-man-hul

Take that transfer window!

• Like 2

I was quite open to the move beforehand, although I would have preferred a more attacking player instead but now I'm against it. Even though we don't know the full details, it is pretty clear he wasn't exactly jumping at the chance to sign for us last night, either holding out for Everton or someone else.

Football fans are fickle and if he does well for us, that will soon be forgotten quickly but I think it is more likely that if he did do well, he'd look to move somewhere else after his loan.

By all accounts, he would've happily joined us for £60,000 a week.

Will be interested to see the length of this loan. It's a shame this has arrived as being the result of a last gasp choice once Everton didn't go for it, in addition to the fact it seems to be a temporary measure before he can sign permanently elsewhere on a free... But I guess welcome Tom - first time in a while I can't see us being in a massive danger with the current squad.

Â