Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I think his ball control and passing is dreadful. Better game last night but not nearly good enough yet.

Can't work out if these are sarcasm, trolling or one too many toots on the Crack Pipe?

Glad most people seem to have seen his quality, I was worried about him becoming scapegoat for last night.

Don't get me wrong the couple of minutes leading up to the goal were awful, but for the other 80 odd minutes, he really was excellent.

Nice to see he is prepared to take a risk and tries to play it forward too.

Will be an excellent addition IMO.

No trolling or sarcasm from me. Easily his best game, yes. I hope to see his passing improve and hope that he gets selected for the next half a dozen games to see how he goes. The distribution side of his game has never been his best, long before he joined us. He is starting to look more comfortable but Lambert will knock that out of him.

Edited by George Curtis

I did'nt see much wrong with his passing at all. It was controlled, accurate and very often started off an attacking 'forward' move. He got to his fair share of headers and, despite one or two early nerves, I thought he easily looked our most effective player. If the others had been anywhere near as good, we would never have lost that game.

• Like 2

Are you guys serious? He was awful in the 2nd half, he tried three times to concede a second goal, on the third attempt he was successful.

he tried to concede a goal? this is nearly as pathetic as when people said Warnock was trying to score own goals

It did seem like he and Dunne tried their best at times though tbf  :P

It says a lot that despite giving the ball away for their goal he was still our best player by miles.

I don't know what it is but I just do not like Westwood, Cleverley, Richardson in this team although I really like Westwood as a player I think they just unbalance the team. What do they offer as a group? None of them create much and they aren't great defensively, they work hard and have some nice touches. Maybe it's the limited options in front of them that make them look worse than they are. I know what Sanchez does though, he sits in front of the back line, protects them and is a ball winner. Hopefully he turns out to be the DM we have been missing for years.

If Delph was fit Id much prefer to see a midfield of Sanchez with Delph and then someone like Cole/Grealish infront of them.

• Like 1

Are you guys serious? He was awful in the 2nd half, he tried three times to concede a second goal, on the third attempt he was successful.

I can't imagine what you thought of the others, if you thought Sanchez was 'awful'?

Sanchez was the bright spot for me. 

Sat in front of back four, recycled the ball well, and did more than the backwards and sideways pass.

Yes, he made some mistakes but at least he looked bright. Had the other 10 played in the same vein we would have won.

• Like 1

I agree that the pass before the 2nd goal almost looked like he was giving it away on purpose. There wasn't a villa player anywhere near it and it didn't look mishit at all. A beautiful pass directly to the opposition. As I recall, it came directly after a restart amid some confusion after a foul or offside call. When I saw him make the pass I initially assumed play had stopped and he was giving it back to QPR. Strange thoughts do creep into your head, though, about whether he could have been deliberately setting them up. He was exposed, so they had a good chance, and he didn't seem to be going quite all out to get back and cover. I don't know if Colombia has a history of corruption in their local leagues, but it's hard to look at that pass and believe it was mishit or just a little off target. I didn't see much of the game, and if he played as well as most say, he obviously wan't trying to throw the match. There certainly would be easier, less conspicuous ways for a DM to help the opposition. But man, that pass...

• Like 1

I agree that the pass before the 2nd goal almost looked like he was giving it away on purpose. There wasn't a villa player anywhere near it and it didn't look mishit at all. A beautiful pass directly to the opposition. As I recall, it came directly after a restart amid some confusion after a foul or offside call. When I saw him make the pass I initially assumed play had stopped and he was giving it back to QPR. Strange thoughts do creep into your head, though, about whether he could have been deliberately setting them up. He was exposed, so they had a good chance, and he didn't seem to be going quite all out to get back and cover. I don't know if Colombia has a history of corruption in their local leagues, but it's hard to look at that pass and believe it was mishit or just a little off target. I didn't see much of the game, and if he played as well as most say, he obviously wan't trying to throw the match. There certainly would be easier, less conspicuous ways for a DM to help the opposition. But man, that pass...

I hope this is a joke?

If he hadn't of tried to beat enckleman with the biggest rickett in villa's history..... He might have been a target of the top four.

You just can't win can you.lol

Edited by TRO

Â