Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He looked good. Takes too many risks for my liking though and he had a crazy couple of minutes in the 2nd half where he lost the plot. He has promise though!

You're right Paul. He showed a lot of promise, but I don't know what to think of a risk-taker at the bottom of our midfield.

• Like 1

Apart from those mad few minutes he was very good, although strangely his defensive work seemed to be the weakest part of his game. But he can pass and challenges well in the air, which we otherwise lack.

I don't have a problem with him trying stuff and making a mistake - ok, it's a bummer if it costs us a goal, but I'm just glad to see a player that takes responsibility for trying to build things rather than hide away and play the easy option every time.

I thought he was our best player.

Apart from that pass which was just bizarrely shit, he actually played very well.

Lambert will drop him and shatter his confidence though.

I reckon with a run of games and a word in his ear to get rid earlier he will be good for us.

• Like 1

He doesn't really need to get rid earlier.  The majority of the game, he took a touch and passed it on.  He just had a crazy 3 minutes and gifted them a goal scoring chance (which they took).  Other than that, I was pleased with him.  Offered both protection (for the most part!) in front of the back 4 as well as an option on the ball.  Looks a player - but also looks like he still needs time to settle fully.

He is nowhere near ready to start in this league, bonkers that people were calling for him to start Chelsea away a few weeks back, just no.

I can forgiven him being off the pace at this time. What is unforgivable is him just giving the ball to an opposition player 5 yards away. It happened v Arsenal so many times and now it cost us a goal tonight.

You can imagine Keane will be laying into him in the dressing room/training. 

I don't want to see him starting for another two months. He will have to start the Man. United game with Cleverley ineligible but not before.

Absolutely bloody awful for their second goal. A tame, lazy pass to one of their players, then did nothing whatsoever to stop the cross. Woeful bit of play.

Aye - which is a shame. He was playing well and pinging the ball around well until that point. That 5 minute period he had 3 touches. He turned it over in a poor position on every touch during that period till they finally scored....

... and, rather than defame him, I'll leave it at that.

It is a shame that he cost us a goal as the first 60 odd minutes he controlled the game. The fact that even with a huge error like that and people believe he was out best says a lot for our midfield. Westwood is overrated by many on here and Cleverley has similar attributes to Delph and Westwood. We don't have an attacking midfielder. Sanchez should continue to start to get his fitness right as he will be a great player for us. Knowing Lambert he won't feature for months now. Westwood needs to be dropped to the bench. I just feel when we play a 433 we only have three attacking players. A back four and a defensive midfielder mark them out of a game. No one from midfield drives through the middle or passes through the middle. We just pass it wide for our awful fullbacks to cross it behind the goal or to the keeper. I would be tempted to throw Grealish on behind Benteke. Cleverley and Sanchez as deeper midfielders and just give defences an extra man to worry about in our attack. We don't have the midfielders to play a 433. It is effectively like playing with a man down and one of the reasons why we can't keep the ball.

Edited by KSV

Â