Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

On 11/10/2016 at 22:45, Dirtysanchez said:

Deemed good enough for Fiorentina and Columbia yet not good enough for villa. Laughable really 

Probably because Serie A and South American football is played at walking pace

• Like 1

South American qualifiers are ridiculously frantic and high tempo, I see plenty of them.

I do understand the point though as teams can drop off and let the other have possession for a bit whereas in the prem it's relentless and Sanchez really struggled in that aspect imo.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

South American qualifiers are ridiculously frantic and high tempo, I see plenty of them.

I do understand the point though as teams can drop off and let the other have possession for a bit whereas in the prem it's relentless and Sanchez really struggled in that aspect imo.

And Jedinak is half the pace of Sanchez...id take him here in a heart beat right now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Simple

he had a better level of quality around him

So the question is

at a lower level than PL, relative to the league we are in, if he came back, is the quality around him enough to allow him to shine?

I think 

Bunn

A. Loan Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Sanchez A. Loan

Ayew Grealish/McC Kodjia

Yes

Bunn

Adomah Sanchez Jedi Ayew

Grealish/McC Kodjia

Also

(Without Ayew & Kodjia

Bunn

Adomah Sanchez A.Loan

Grealish McC

A.Loan

yes

Bunn

Adomah Sanchez Jedi A.Loan

Grealish/McC

A.Loan

yes

Disclaimer - cant be worse than AW/GG

• Like 1

People talking about pace, not being able to keep up with the relentlessness of the league, poor players around him etc etc etc.

Has everyone suddenly forgotten that he could not pass the ball 5 yards to a colleague and would often get caught on the ball somewhere in the middle of our own half?

Never adapted and showed no signs he ever will/would.

• Like 3

Thing is I don't see it realistic we can bring in the 3 new CM's we need in January, and for all his flaws I think Sanchez would be an almost like for like option to Jedinak whom I don't see being able to play 90 mins at a high standard in every game for the rest of the season. Jedinak is great when he's on form, but when he's not he's a mess, very on and off so far.

I'd be more than OK to rotate between Jedi and the Rock until the summer.

I'd definitely bring him back, but isn't he playing elsewhere because he wasn't up for the fight here ?

Out of contract in the summer I think, so he'd be of more value on our bench than on Fiorentina's (perhaps for him too, maybe he'd get more game time here and then a abetter possible move in the summer...who knows).

2 hours ago, sne said:

He's only started 8 times for Fiorentina so far.

Could we recall him on the basis he's not getting enough playing time?

Works on FM 17...

he has made 20 appearances in all competitions for Fiorentina so far. he only made 22 here all of last season

Â