Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He's been playing pretty well for Fiorientina in Seria A, I've seen a fair few games they've played so far.

Holds his position, intercepts, plays a simple 5 yard ball (no kamikaze passes), that's all he's asked to do.

I just think English football was too fast for him, player closing him down quickly so he did those hospital balls all the time for us.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's been playing pretty well for Fiorientina in Seria A, I've seen a fair few games they've played so far.

Holds his position, intercepts, plays a simple 5 yard ball (no kamikaze passes), that's all he's asked to do.

I just think English football was too fast for him, player closing him down quickly so he did those hospital balls all the time for us.

I think the highlighted part of his role relies on his new teammates actually making space for themselves and wanting the ball.

• Like 4

I think Sanchez had the same problem Jedinak is now experiencing. Not enough players being around him in the middle of the park to play the simple 5 yard ball to and so he was being tackled or playing hospital passes that were intercepted.

Exactly the reason we need to play 3 in the middle with two wide men so there are plenty of options for the defensive midfielder to give the ball to.

If we can fix this problem for Jedinak this season then I'm sure Sanchez could come back and play the same role for us as he is doing in Italy. 

• Like 4

It was the same on here...Sanchez had a few good games over xmas 2014 and we had some on here proclaiming we should try him further  forward or as a number 10. :lol:

In fairness when Garde came in he started playing the central midfield I wanted to see...Sanchez as DM, Gana as the box to box player and Veretout as attacking midfield.

That should've worked, particularly at home but didn't.

I really like Sanchez but there's no doubt he was awful for us at times. He looks really classy on the ball which is what confuses me how he lost the ball so much. Definitely a better player than what he mostly showed for us IMO. He seems a likeable, non-confrontational sort of guy as well.

• Like 3

Sanchez struggled in the Premier League a bit,  but there's no reason why he couldn't do a good job in the Championship.  The Championship is hardly as good as Seria A or International football,  and he plays within those leagues just fine.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think Sanchez/Tshibola/Veretout is a very good Championship midfield. 

Sad that we still own both players. Wish we could recall them. No depth on midfield. A position which has more outfield players than most. Sackable offense for RDM for that decision alone.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Different leagues/competitions and different paces.

He plays at Fiorentina with Borja Valero who did little at West Brom but was superb back in Spain for Villareal and Viola picked him up and he's been a key player.

It happens.

Yes but again.. we are not in the premier league. You cant say the Championship is at a higher level than La Liga or Serie A or International football. It is considerably slower than all of those leagues. I think he would dominate the way he has in every other competition. I do agree about him not suiting the premier league.. but we should have kept him if we could in the Championship. 

Edited by KSV

Cant believe hes dismissed as shit, as others have stated I think it was more to do with the team be was playing in. He looks very tidy with fiorentina because they are set up to play actual football, where players wearing the same shirt as you MOVE into space to give you different passing options to keep the ball. Something we have struggled with for years. Could do with him now as are far too light on numbers  in the middle, if tish and Westwood get injured, we have to play only 2 in the middle...

• Like 1

Â