Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

29 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

He's been one of Fiorentina's best players recently, playing on the right of a back three. Had a bit of a mare last night though.

Was about to say the same thing. The highlights reel doesn't do much for him but he's holding his own in a very good and in-form Fiorentina side. Being played essentially out of position too just to add. 

I'd have him back here now, around competent teammates, but if that's not going to happen then we should be able to make a profit on the peanut fee we paid for him under Lambert

Not sure. I think the Italian game suits him a bit more where the game is a bit slower and more tactical. His problems always stemmed from him not being afforded as much time on the ball as he expected. 

I wouldn't want him player as a central defender in a four man defence and I don't envision Bruce employing a three man defence just to incorporate him, especially as we've just bought a new right back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Just seen theres a clause in his contract that if he plays 50% of games for fiorentina they have to buy him. Great news for us as hes finished here. Link below

http://sportwitness.co.uk/im-happy-aston-villa-loanee-doesnt-want-villa-park-return/

I thought his contract was up?

3 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Just seen theres a clause in his contract that if he plays 50% of games for fiorentina they have to buy him. Great news for us as hes finished here. Link below

http://sportwitness.co.uk/im-happy-aston-villa-loanee-doesnt-want-villa-park-return/

I wonder if we put these clauses in to other players to help with FFP. 

Make sure we have money coming in for Gil, Veretout and Sanchez when we need it more summer of 2017

Just now, DCJonah said:

I wonder if we put these clauses in to other players to help with FFP. 

Make sure we have money coming in for Gil, Veretout and Sanchez when we need it more summer of 2017

Hopefully but gils not playing much no doubt he will be back. Veretout probably be sold come summer

• 3 months later...

The culling begins. First of many no doubt

Bye bye

Aston Villa's exodus has started with the news Carlos Sanchez has left the club permanently.

Steve Bruce confirmed today that Sanchez is making his move to Fiorentina permanent.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The culling begins. First of many no doubt

Bye bye

Aston Villa's exodus has started with the news Carlos Sanchez has left the club permanently.

Steve Bruce confirmed today that Sanchez is making his move to Fiorentina permanent.

Please let Bruce be next.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Now for some strange reason, I can't seem to put my finger on it, but you'd think there'd be a seperate thread for comments like that

You mentioned the start of an exodus, not sure there is an abtual thread for that?

Maybe the religion thread? :)

• Like 1

Is the fee 2.5m then? We signed him for that amount or thereabouts so not a player we lost a huge amount on for once.

Think we want about 5m for Veretout, not sure how realistic that is but he has had a good season in France.

Recouping 10 for him, Sanchez and Gil would be o.k, we didn't sign the three for much more than that and none of them have a future here.

Kozak and Sanchez leaving should open up some nice championship level wages to offer. 

With Veretout and Gill also heading out the door we should be in a position to make some key signings this summer. 

Â