Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Jedi is better, Sanchez always looked like he was playing in a pre-game casual warm-up.

Might be a like for like bench option for Jedi though, so he is a player we already own who would strengthen our squad, but wouldn't want him on the pitch as well as Jedi.

Please hanker after all action/high energy types who score goals and set up play, make things happen. Think David Platt/Gascoigne sorts.

;-)

• Like 2

He is not suited to this game of ours

However if you watch the video, you can clearly see that most of those touches of his would have ended up with the opposition, playing for us.

He is adept at getting his foot in, but he has players around him who move and react to his work  in this clip.....that movement then creates fluidity and his work looks better

He would be hung for that work with us....It would not have come off.....He makes a mistake in that team and the hungry wolves clean it up with him.

His team mates are far more high energy that ours.

Ps He is playing against very good company there too....Neymar,Willan etc

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

People talking about pace, not being able to keep up with the relentlessness of the league, poor players around him etc etc etc.

Has everyone suddenly forgotten that he could not pass the ball 5 yards to a colleague and would often get caught on the ball somewhere in the middle of our own half?

Never adapted and showed no signs he ever will/would.

Didn't he had a 90% odd pass completion stat in one of his early games or did I imagine that.

The thing with Sanchez is he was so kamikaze. Would have a good 10 minute spell of intercepting and passing and then would suddenly hit crossfield balls on the edge of our own box.

That said I think he'd be good at this level and we could rotate him and Jedinak.

Would imagine though he'd prefer to be a squad player in Seria A than come back here and be a squad player in the championship.

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Simple

he had a better level of quality around him

So the question is

at a lower level than PL, relative to the league we are in, if he came back, is the quality around him enough to allow him to shine?

I think 

Bunn

A. Loan Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Sanchez A. Loan

Ayew Grealish/McC Kodjia

Yes

Bunn

Adomah Sanchez Jedi Ayew

Grealish/McC Kodjia

Also

(Without Ayew & Kodjia

Bunn

Adomah Sanchez A.Loan

Grealish McC

A.Loan

yes

Bunn

Adomah Sanchez Jedi A.Loan

Grealish/McC

A.Loan

yes

Disclaimer - cant be worse than AW/GG

I am up for signing this player A. Loan, especially if he can play in all those roles and be in more than one position at once. But can he play with/if Januzaj?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't he had a 90% odd pass completion stat in one of his early games or did I imagine that.

The thing with Sanchez is he was so kamikaze. Would have a good 10 minute spell of intercepting and passing and then would suddenly hit crossfield balls on the edge of our own box.

That said I think he'd be good at this level and we could rotate him and Jedinak.

Would imagine though he'd prefer to be a squad player in Seria A than come back here and be a squad player in the championship.

I must have watched a different player to some of you guys then, his passing was atrocious from what I recall.

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Looks like it. lol @ his pass on 51 seconds.

Not only lol at the pass, what about the recovery?! jog along side the player and let him take a shot just outside the box?

He's absolutely terrible.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Dictating the play as only he can, giving the ball away, then jogging back. Vintage.

Played CB against Notts County, he still couldn't play the ball out of defence against a pub team. We conceded 3.

Jesus , Carlos Sanchez, v Notts county, ..........you remembered that one ? 

Â