Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

2 hours ago, sne said:

You mentioned the start of an exodus, not sure there is an abtual thread for that?

Maybe the religion thread? :)

I think the point is it gets boring very quickly if every thread has to become a venue for 'sack the manager' comments. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think the point is it gets boring very quickly if every thread has to become a venue for 'sack the manager' comments. 

Great, thanks!

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Kozak and Sanchez leaving should open up some nice championship level wages to offer. 

With Veretout and Gill also heading out the door we should be in a position to make some key signings this summer. 

I am not sure it does just yet, I think there are a fair few more to be shifted before we put more money back on the wage bill.

This just makes it slightly more healthy. Slightly.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Skills said:

this deal done for 2.5m?    thought we could have at least recovered what we paid for him given he was a main stayer throughout the year for them

We paid 5m with the loan fee w got 3m that's a good piece of business for us I feel

On 5/15/2017 at 07:43, Demitri_C said:

We paid 5m with the loan fee w got 3m that's a good piece of business for us I feel

has this been confirmed anywhere? not doubting just haven't seen anything to confirm he's left

57 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

has this been confirmed anywhere? not doubting just haven't seen anything to confirm he's left

He is definitely gone mate if he triggered a certain amount of appearances the deal is automatically made permanent and he has. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2017 at 10:34, Demitri_C said:

He is definitely gone mate if he triggered a certain amount of appearances the deal is automatically made permanent and he has. 

Great! Glad thats one off the books anyways

On 2017-5-6 at 13:07, HanoiVillan said:

Couldn't agree more. I blame Bruce for this. 

• Like 4

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:34, Demitri_C said:

It won't feel confirmed until its moved to "Other Football" section like Kozak has.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he is almost gone, although I can't find anything confirming he has deffo gone, but I might've just missed it... still £2.5m is better than nothing, he is 31.

HITC link

Aston Villa’s summer business will largely depend on how effectively they can trim their bloated squad.

Villa need to sell some of their less effective players in order to ease the pressure of Financial Fair Play Regulations. However, their players won’t be sold on the cheap side.

One of those players, who could be heading out of Villa Park this summer, is defensive-midfielder Carlos Sanchez. The 31-year-old defender spent last season out on loan at the Fiorentina, and the Viola are expected to seal a permanent move for him.

That's £2.5m towards someone of use to us.

• 5 weeks later...
Â