Aly Cissokho

samjp26

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

To think that this guy has moved around Europe for fees totaling over £20m is crazy, and that's not even modern transfer fees.

I can only assume the real Cissokho died years ago and his doppelganger has stood in for the last few years. 

confirmed short term loan with an option to buy on the OS

Aly Cissokho has joined Olympiacos on loan until the end of the season.

Olympiacos have an option to buy at the end of the deal.

Cissokho has made 12 appearances in claret and blue this season, 58 in total since joining in August 2014.

But the 29-year-old lost his place in the side to Jordan Amavi from the Fulham game in October 2016 onwards.

The Blois-born left-back heads to the Greek SuperLeague side as they aim to win their 44th title.

Click

Good luck to him. I actually thought he was a decent defender. His biggest problem was our formation and our reliance on our wing backs to get forward and create, which unfortunately he simply couldn't do with any great affect (see also Hutton). I recon he'd would have been more suited to a conventional 4-4-2 with a decent winger in front of him. Far from 'terrible' IMO.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I also have the option to stab myself in the eye with my pen

About as much fun as watching Cissokho defend. 

At times he looked like the only one of our defenders who knew how to defend, so I think a lot of the vitriol there has been towards him in the past has been undeserved. Good luck to him, having to go on loan to these Champions League clubs can only make him appreciate Villa all the more, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Â