Aly Cissokho

samjp26

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We have Amavi, Baker, Bacuna, and Toner who all played left back for us before. I think we are okay letting Cissokho go. I don't trust Cissokho one bit. 

Not so sure about Amavi atm

He is just of no use what so ever, even as back up. In any scenario revolving around Amavi being out of action (one game or 1 year) I would rather have any other outfield player deputise for him.

I remember sitting in the Doug Ellis, and Cissokho came sprinting back ( I say sprinting,...), must not have been more than half hour into the game. He was honestly gone for 5 minutes, out of the game, out of this planet. Head was gone, eyes must have been glazed over, chest was beating like crazy, diaphragm going into spasm, hand on hips, the whole works.

I was honestly worried he was going to keel over and collapse.

Edited by rodders0223

22 hours ago, tismyk said:

Not so sure about Amavi atm

He is not Priority, but when the sick animal( our team) gets better I would look to replace him.

We need someone who can defend first and raid second.....but with the midfield strengthened, he may improve and I may change my view.

On 1/10/2017 at 21:53, theboyangel said:

Good deal for all parties concerned.

however that could leave us light if amavi gets injured. 

Would be smart to include a recall option then, if we can.

Birmingham Mail

We reported earlier that Cissokho had arrived in Greece for a medical ahead of signing for Olympiakos on loan. Thanks to social media leak, here is a picture of the experienced left-back in his new side’s kit. He is out of contract at Villa in the summer of 2018.

The official announcement is expected this afternoon.

It really is staggering quite how many players we've signed over the last few years who have contributed virtual nothing to the club.

We've been trying to clear the decks of them for half a decade or more yet we seem to be adding to them every window.

Â