Aly Cissokho

samjp26

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have seen far worse at Villa. I mean he was crap but he was quite endearing really. Hope the move works out for him.

I honestly don't think I have. Bennet? Jlloyd Samuel? I'd take them both before Cissokho.

The constant petrified look on his face when he has to be directly involved in play is there for a reason.

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

The constant petrified look on his face when he has to be directly involved in play is there for a reason.

Absoluty this! The guy was scared of having the ball, I don't know what was wrong with him but like you though it was all over his face whenever he was involved.

Now how about we forget he ever existed for as long as possible? At least until his inevitable return. 

• Like 1

I'm struggling to remember a worse left back. Maybe Richardson but that wasn't his main position?

However, I'd like to think we will get getting cover for Amavi in, just in case. 

Beye, Luna, Bennett all behind him in the pecking order for me.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm struggling to remember a worse left back. Maybe Richardson but that wasn't his main position?

Was probably his position by the time he got here. He really was awful here.

So him too.

• Like 1

In fairness to Cissokho when Olympiakos decide to send him back I think he'll at least get a loan out and play somewhere if we dont offload him in the summer. He was willing to go to Porto and off to Olympiakos. He's no Ireland / Gabby / Nzogbia in that respect.

Stop, for the love of Paul McGrath won't you stop! Think of the children!

Steve Staunton, Alan Wright, Wilfrid Bouma.... Steve Staunton, Alan Wright, Wilfrid Bouma

I'm going to keep repeating this mantra in the hope of banishing the previous names from my mind and convincing myself not every LB we've ever had was bobbins.

Steve Staunton, Alan Wright, Wilfrid Bouma....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Beye, Luna, Bennett all behind him in the pecking order for me.

Was probably his position by the time he got here. He really was awful here.

So him too.

Beye was a RB, allegedly.

Luna, forgot about him, defo worse than Aly although he can live off 'that goal' against Arsenal.

Bennett I'd say was on a par with Aly, Shorey was worse for me, Stevens shouldn't really count in some respects as he cost naff all and I think only made a handful of appearances.......anyway, point is, as it always is on here, I don't think Aly was 'the worst ever LB' we've had, he was crap for sure but it's getting boring reading how everyone is the "worst ever" to play for us......

Gets filed in the;

'nothing against the bloke, but nowhere near good enough drawer'

The only slight concern is that we are now only 1 injury away from a defensive crisis. Baker if fit can cover LB, but that means Elphick at CB. Another injury at CB would then mean the return of Richards, and our only cover at RB is a midfielder who at RB makes Hutton look like Cafu. 

Our squad is terribly thin. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Stop, for the love of Paul McGrath won't you stop! Think of the children!

Steve Staunton, Alan Wright, Wilfrid Bouma.... Steve Staunton, Alan Wright, Wilfrid Bouma

I'm going to keep repeating this mantra in the hope of banishing the previous names from my mind and convincing myself not every LB we've ever had was bobbins.

Steve Staunton, Alan Wright, Wilfrid Bouma....

Always thought Bouma was a bit crap, personally :|

• Like 1

On 8/7/2014 at 16:19, Villastine said:

Surely this is a joke, he’d be a woeful signing if it happens.

Hasn’t a clue how to defend or pass the ball. Was awful for Liverpool last season.

FFS Lambert this is even more bizarre than Senderos

starts on page 2 mate ;)

There is rubbish, and there is rubbish and then there is Aly Cissokho.
The names mentioned above, Shorey could take a free kick, Bennett could whip a ball in, JLS could (for one season) beat a man and attack his opposite effectively. I looked at those players and they had their faults, be it lack of pace, strength or awareness..but I could still see they were footballers. They grew up playing the game, were technically efficient. I never once saw that in Aly.

I can imagine Shorey, JLS and crew playing for hours as kids natually honing their abilities. I can't imagine Aly ever playing football as a kid, or as an adult. Controlling a football, dribbling, passing, crossing were all absolute alien concepts to this guy.

We could suffer double relegations, we could go bust, we could become AFC Aston Villa and have to start life in the Northern Football League...I will never see as bad a footballer as Aly Cissokho.

• Like 1

Â