Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

Celtic left back now guilty of breaching quarantine, i think the government in Scotland aren't keen for football to restart so I can see them trying to call it off again soon if similar breaches

Edited by Zatman

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Celtic left back now guilty of breaching quarantine, i think the government in Scotland aren't keen for football to restart so I can see them trying to call it off again soon if similar breaches

Aye Nicola gave Scottish football a yellow card yesterday, so one more idiot and it will be stopped. SFA should have docked the clubs involved points and given the abandoned games to the opposition.............oh wait, the worst offenders are Celtic .......so no chance.

Most SPL clubs, uglies aside, need the money from Sky or they will be in serious financial trouble , so lets hope they behave. 

Mind you after the game last night it may be a good thing...........dreadful game........I gave up watching properly after half time. Our only players to come out with pass marks from what I saw were the young left back Josh Doig ( one to watch and not to be confused with carthorse Doidge!)  and the right back Paul McGinn...........................hasn't got the arse of his brother but

"We've got McGinn, super Paul McGinn.............." 😀

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Scottish Football is a joke!

True......................but as a football supporter of 50 years ( that is attending games and not vegetating on the sofa staring at a screen) in England and Scotland, it still provided the greatest day I have ever experienced........even better than that night in Rotterdam. Fans up here realise the failings but show fantastic passion for their respective clubs. 

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, newhavenhibby said:

True......................but as a football supporter of 50 years ( that is attending games and not vegetating on the sofa staring at a screen) in England and Scotland, it still provided the greatest day I have ever experienced........even better than that night in Rotterdam. Fans up here realise the failings but show fantastic passion for their respective clubs. 

Did that day take place in 2016, by any chance?

Edited by Sid4ever
English language
  • Like 1

@newhavenhibby I guess you have to support your team regardless, it's what we do.

I've been to a few games over the twenty-five years living up in Aberdeen, league games, cup finals...this isn't based on watching matches just on TV.

Maybe I've been unlucky, I've never managed to sit through a ninety minutes of a Scottish football match on the TV. 

16 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@newhavenhibby I guess you have to support your team regardless, it's what we do.

I've been to a few games over the twenty-five years living up in Aberdeen, league games, cup finals...this isn't based on watching matches just on TV.

Maybe I've been unlucky, I've never managed to sit through a ninety minutes of a Scottish football match on the TV. 

Not many people can sit through 90 minutes of televised Scottish football 😀

This afternoons game being a prime example................watched 45 minutes and then watched the BTCC instead........................and Hibs were involved as well🤣

There is also a difference between just going to the game for something to do with mates and having Aberdeen Football Club running through your veins. I was lucky when I first watched Hibs in that it was a different game then and there wasn't the differential between the Leagues as there is now. In those days Hibs held Don Revie s Leeds ( lost on pens) and beat the great Liverpool side of the 70's at Easter Road. Dread to think what the score would be if we played the Liverpool side of last season. 😮

Watching that quality of football then ( likes of Des Bremner, Alex Cropley ), I got bitten by the Hibernian bug and follow them now through thin and thinner. I was still living part time back in the Midlands in those days so returned to Villa Park whenever back home. Since moving full time back to Edinburgh I became a Season Ticket holder and don't regret a minute and as I said in a previous post gave me the best day / week as a football supporter I have ever known. 

At least when our players are playing cr*p I know they are being paid peanuts compared to those in the top leagues round Europe. 

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Celtic crashed out of the Champions League quals; second round against Ferencvaros...

The Scottish league really is dogshit...

Nobody arguing with that , just read my previous posts 😀........................................simples   ( especially those on this page of the thread)

Oh....and a great result last night👍 ......................only downside is that it makes the fans of the other arse cheek happy.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

Aye, another team left behind by the great money gravy train favouring certain leagues in Europe over the last 20 / 30 years.

Winners / runners up in  2 cups in Europe in the 60s and 70s.

Got to the group stages of the Europa League last year so would say they were quite well matched against Celtic. especially in an empty Celtic Park.

Mind you it does help if you go into the game playing at least one of your strikers. Lennon at his best  😀 .  Bad luck Edouard  was injured .........off to the E. Premier League soon???  Will have to sell him now with such a loss of revenue from last nights loss.

Celtic, , especially at home, missing the influence of fans and "the green brigade".........shame 🙂

Edited by newhavenhibby

On 22/08/2020 at 20:36, newhavenhibby said:

Couple years back we went match-day hospitality at Forres Mechanics.  For £25 each we got an open bar for an hour before kickoff.  Nice local brew on tap as well, not just whatever bottled crap they had too much of.  Having been used to London-adjacent beer prices, this was mind-bogglingly great value.  Sure, the actual football may have been pure shite and the microwaved pies of questionable consistency but between the half-time time spread of bourbon biscuits in the Director's lounge, the free scarf they gave the missus and just getting truly beyond shitfaced, was one of the best match-days out I've ever had.  What I can remember of it, anyway.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Agreed the beer would dull your senses to endure what was being played on the pitch.🙂

The irony being I think the ball was on the actual pitch for about a cumulative 10 minutes out of the entire 90.

Problem for Celtic is with all sides im scotland being unable to compete with them, when they come up against a half decent side they lose!

Whether they like it or not they need rangers to be stronger so they dont get sloppy 

Other sides never going to compete as whenever a good player / team comes along the uglies just buy them up........whether they play them or just warm the bench. Up here the game is only ever about the two arse cheeks now.

Turnbull of Motherwell, Hickey of Hearts  the latest and its taken Dundee United some years to crawl back up after Celtic destroyed their last good side by cherry picking it. Cannot blame players as the differential in pay is immense ( for Scotland! ) and who knows when an injury will end your career. A promising player at Hearts , John Souttar, has just snapped his achilles for the third time in 2 years and his career is probably over now .....at 23. ☹️

Mind you they picked Scott Brown from us years ago and hes still going....................somehow 🤨 Of our good side of 13 or so years ago, Brown and Riordan went to Celtic, Thomson and Whittaker to sevco.........we struggled on for a while eventually ending up in relegation.

Celtic were after McGinn and cabbage fans were really pleased when Villa came in for him.......................they haven't dealt with us since 😄 They were sniffing around Boyle but he's just signed a new contract with us so they must have dropped out.

Edited by newhavenhibby

Â