Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

I thought it was interesting how initial reviews of phantom menace were really positive too (they've been carried last couple of days by various sites), hope this stands the test of time. 

Result.

The missus has finished work early and will be home in time to look after the nipper. Odeon West Brom will have an extra fat sweaty geek in the queue tonight.

Going to watch it with some work friends straight after work.

I'm a lot more excited than I was a couple of weeks ago. I hope it's good. The trailers look pretty cool, all except for Kylo Ren who just looks a bit shit.

yep, £130m film, in profit before it got released, $4bn is roughly £2.7bn, they estimate this film will do £1.3bn in the cinema (which i think will be a record) plus then circa £2.5bn in merchandise...

i've also had it spoiled but im sure that my guesses a few pages back (in spoiler boxes so dont worry) are more or less right

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, £130m film, in profit before it got released, $4bn is roughly £2.7bn, they estimate this film will do £1.3bn in the cinema (which i think will be a record) plus then circa £2.5bn in merchandise...

i've also had it spoiled but im sure that my guesses a few pages back (in spoiler boxes so dont worry) are more or less right

£1.3 billion?  Is that total worldwide or just USA or just first week?

Avatar has the worldwide record at £2.5billion or something like that i think?

Saw the midnight showing so knackered. It's great. Not Empire or Star Wars great but vying with Jedi for 3rd spot.

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega are superb. Daisy owns this film. She is surprisingly great.

Wasn't feeling it for Kylo. Wasn't as menacing as he could have been.

Han is Han. Him and Chewie slot back in like an old glove.

The film starts at a right old pace and never lets up. Which is an issue as scenes aren't allowed any air to breathe, especially the opening act.

Saying that enjoyed it, definitely a film that requires mulitple viewings as there's alot happening.

We have a good reboot on our hands. Liked it a lot.

3 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Wasn't feeling it for Kylo. Wasn't as menacing as he could have been.

Spoiler

My main gripe as well. Hoping the "training" now after the thing he did will add to the character. Snoke has emperor qualities

Spoiler

I thought the first 45 minutes or so, weren't too great. Lots of forced acting and just didn't feel right, but as soon as the resistance came in, those X-Wing feels kicked in and the film just got unbelievable. So glad I hadn't had it spoiled for me as it would have completely ruined my emotions, but I'm basically a wreck now. Cannot wait for episodes VIII and IX.

Â