Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

watched episode one yesterday, still garbage, watched attack of the clones earlier, still boring for the most part with some horrific writing and acting saved but the last half hour, just finished the clone wars CN cartoon, the last couple of episodes of that are great, reminded me that id watched all of that and loved it, read all the clone wars books and loved them and then episode 3 is shite

not sure whether to go straight on to episode 3 or to watch the 4 series of the other clone wars cartoon

Can't wait for this, my house has gone completely star wars bonkers of late.

Taking my boy, he's only 3 but knows all the characters and watched all the movies + lego movies, and he's well excited about it.

32 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Rewatching EP 4,5,6 in preparation. They were rubbish weren't they.

The new one will be brilliant though.

U wot m8?

Do you mean 1, 2, and 3? As in the prequels? 

22 hours ago, Neil said:

Can't wait for this, my house has gone completely star wars bonkers of late.

Taking my boy, he's only 3 but knows all the characters and watched all the movies + lego movies, and he's well excited about it.

Still undecided whether to take my 3 year old daughter. She's obsessed with the films but I get the feeling this will be a little too dark for her. What's the rating?

1. "Yippee!" Shut up you little word removed. 

2. If it's "for kids", why is it about ******* trade agreements?

3. The best of a bad new bunch.

4. The start of it all. The one that first blew my tiny infant mind.

5. Holy shit balls, it's amazing!

6. Used to love it, then Lucas went and ruined the end, and took out 'Yub Nub'.

Some fan has made a "Despecialized" version of the originals, combining a ton of releases to get a great theatrical release with up to date quality. I checked IV at 17 gig and it's bloody good. Use google to find it as I suspect it's in a grey area of copyright.

39 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Still undecided whether to take my 3 year old daughter. She's obsessed with the films but I get the feeling this will be a little too dark for her. What's the rating?

12a.

I don't think there'll be much in there that's too dark but I'd personally probably hesitate taking a 3 yo. You'd need to consider that watching a film at a cinema is a much different experience and can affect kids particularly differently to watching in a living room. Something at home that might slightly get pulses racing in a child might absolutely terrify that kid in a screening.

10 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I think it's like that 12, unless accommodated by an adult rating?  They usually make these things pretty family, and there isn't usually anything "scary" per say about them...because all the dark bits of fighting and stuff my kid just sort of gets excited about.  But he's a boy, so playing with guns/swords and that type of stuff is all typical for him.

Has yours seen 4/5 and 6?  If these didn't spook her then I'm sure it will be fine, my son has watched them multiple times lol.

Actually, I revise my opinion of 5. It was pretty good.

I am watching the latest remastered versions though. I reckon everything that Lucas has added in has made them worse.

I do think that if you compare them to a modern version such as Guardians of the Galaxy, they don't compare well.

Â