Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

What would you ban from the cinema next? ASIANS? BLACK PEOPLE??? DWARVES???!! 

Admit it, you filthy racist, you just want to ban everyone.

Technically, if he wants to ban everyone, he's a sociopath. :) 

• Like 1

Cinemas make literally 90% of their profits on concessions, and movies are only shown because they haven't been able to think of a cheaper way to persuade people to buy popcorn yet. 

OMFG I'VE ALREADY SAID THAT!!! [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji31]

I'm not sure, but I think cinemas make most of their cash selling concessions.

I mean, that's the only reason people would buy and eat popcorn, amirite? ;);):P:P#lulzhahahahaomfgrofl!!!

Thom Yorke, Rory Delap yadeeya.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Seeing how this is now a general cinema etiquette thread, how do you all feel about alcohol at the flix? I'm not against it as such, but put me in a dark room with ale, and I'll be snoring my head off, an hour into the film. 

• Like 1

It's why it's worth paying extra for Gold Class at Vue. 

Less seats, more space and fewer Nacho crunching, Popcorn rustling, straw slurping peasants ;)

I went to a dine-in AMC in the states. That was ace, full three course meal while the films on! Again though, loads of space and fewer seats, so I could only hear my own fat gob scoffing :thumb:

3 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Seeing how this is now a general cinema etiquette thread, how do you all feel about alcohol at the flix? I'm not against it as such, but put me in a dark room with ale, and I'll be snoring my head off, an hour into the film. 

As I touched upon, at the Electric Cinema in brum I can have a nice pint and a slice of carrot cake whilst watching the film.

Oh and you can text the bar to get them to bring it to you.

Lovely

• Like 3

Would be a pointless exercise for me, I'd be up for a piss every 10 minutes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Would be a pointless exercise for me, I'd be up for a piss every 10 minutes.

Was certainly the case in the cinema I'd go to in Hanoi . . . could take as many beers as you wanted, always ended up missing circa 15 mins of the film through bog breaks. 

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

As I touched upon, at the Electric Cinema in brum I can have a nice pint and a slice of carrot cake whilst watching the film.

Oh and you can text the bar to get them to bring it to you.

Lovely

That doesn't seem like a combination that would work?

I'd rather pay £20 and have the latest cinema releases streamed directly into my living room, that way I don't have to play russian roulette with what type of word removed you will end up encountering in a cinema.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd rather pay £20 and have the latest cinema releases streamed directly into my living room, that way I don't have to play russian roulette with what type of word removed you will end up encountering in a cinema.

There are ways of getting that service.. :ph34r:

and they're free you plumber.

So yeah Star Wars, booked my tickets for the evening of the 17th, don't think I've been this excited for a film since the Phantom Menace. Let's hope this delivers a bit better.

What are people going for, 3D or standard?

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

There are ways of getting that service.. :ph34r:

and they're free you plumber.

Isn't that a criminal offence officer?

Seriously though, can't be doing faffing around with shit copies on-line etc. Just give me a legal way to do it and I'll pay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

So yeah Star Wars, booked my tickets for the evening of the 17th, don't think I've been this excited for a film since the Phantom Menace. Let's hope this delivers a bit better.

What are people going for, 3D or standard?

Standard. Never, ever go to a 3D movie.

• Like 2

Â