Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

4 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Wasn't feeling it for Kylo. Wasn't as menacing as he could have been.

Spoiler

I have a feeling he was meant to come across as weak but not as weak as we thought after he does what he does to his dad. Supreme leader Snoke also requests him to be brought to him near to end to complete his training. We'll probably see him get stronger as he gets older.

Just got back, loved it, thought the new trio did really well, it's a beautifully shot film, it's not perfect couple of the characters don't work one especially was utterly pointless, there's a ten minute scene in the middle which I thought was shite, most of the reviews are right too, it is overly sentimental which is a bit hit and miss

Solid 8/10 from me, great start for the trilogy that's for sure

• Like 1

Ah see, it didn't quite feel like a Star Wars film to me but I still thought it was great.

I actually thought Daisy Ridley was pretty rubbish though. Definitely going to see it again, very enjoyable.

39 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Had some idiot spoil the movie for me. Just jumped in my online game and said what happened before I could mute my tv. I don't understand people. 

Reminds me of when Premier League games were shown on delay in the States, and you had to go to a pub to see them. I was watching a Man Utd vs somebody game, and this old drunk English dude with a Man Utd shirt comes into the bar and shouts out the final score. My friend almost got into it with him, lol. The guy was a total dick though, no need for that.

Why do people always rate Return of the Jedi so lowly? The Jabba's palace stuff at the start is some of my favourite Star Wars stuff ever.

Cos of the Ewoks mainly.

The Luke/Vader/Emperor scene is superb and rhe best sabre duel in the entire saga. The drama involved is hugely powerful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Cos of the Ewoks mainly.

The Luke/Vader/Emperor scene is superb and rhe best sabre duel in the entire saga. The drama involved is hugely powerful.

Completely with you in the luke/vader/emperor scene. The lightsabres clashing in front of the emperor's cackling face is the greatest shot in the entire franchise (imo). 

On the new movie, I really enjoyed it. The three new leads are great, as was bb8. The acting was way better in general than the previous films and because of that I think it might actually be my new favourite. 

(although Ren and Hux are a bit wet for the main villians)

absolutely brilliant! Took the day of work to take the kids and wife for a showing this morning.

Wow! A proper Star Wars movie that has the lot for families, young fans and 'original' fans.

The prequels were poor (although they're more palatable now having watched them with my kids) and this was the right tonic to set the record straight!

Best for me was taking the kids to cinema to watch it - brought back memories of my mum who took me to see the original trilogy as a kid.

Not sure on how to do the spoiler thing so won't bother!

• Like 1

Â