Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

48 minutes ago, Ginko said:

All food should be banned from cinemas. Drinks are fine, but I shouldn't have to pay £9 to watch a film only to be disturbed by some muppet who can't go two hours without eating rustling his **** packaging and chomping away. Savages.

How do you even hear the ruffling of popcorn over the deafening CrispSurrondCineBoomSound™?

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I remember going to Apollo in Leamington when Batman Begins was out I think.  I was so looking forward to this film and was sat down ready in anticipation.  An indian couple came in late and sat next to us.  They then proceeded to pull out about 25 tiffin boxes full of very smelly food (its not racist because I'm brown and eat smelly food).  They pretty much munched through a banquet throughout the whole film. Not only loudly but stinking out the whole joint. Ruined it for me.

Should have reported them and got them kicked out.

It's about the cinema experience though.

I'd argue you don't go to the cinema just to watch a movie. You do it for the sounds, smells, OTT screen.

Just like you don't go to a restaurant just to eat food somebody else made. It's the experience of being waited on hand and foot and not having to clean everything.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's about the cinema experience though.

I'd argue you don't go to the cinema just to watch a movie. You do it for the sounds, smells, OTT screen.

Just like you don't go to a restaurant just to eat food somebody else made. It's the experience of being waited on hand and foot and not having to clean everything.

This. What's the point of going to the movies if I can just download it in HD and watch it at home, if I'm only there for the movie? It's the experience that makes it. Especially for an action/ish movie, hell no I'm not watching that on my 33" TV and crap speakers if it's in theaters.

I can't even imagine watching a movie in theaters without munching on some sweet caramel popcorn ahh.png. I'd never eat it in my own house though, even if I'm watching a movie.

Edited by Keyblade

I like the 'experience'. Hell, when it goes well I actually enjoy the social element of watching a film with a bunch of other people, and if food doesn't stink out the place or make a lot of noise, have-at-it.

But the last few times I've been to the cinema this has not been my experience. It's been of people nattering or chomping their way through it. If you want a nice social eating experience, go to one of the millions of restaurants, cafés and fast-food establishments on every street corner.

I go to the cinema to watch a good film on a big screen with kick-ass audio booming in my ears. That is my cinema experience and that's essentially what it's there for and it's common decency for others to realise that. You wanna eat too? Absolutely fine, just do it in a way that doesn't bother other people. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible for some and they ruin it for others.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:  

You need to watch better films then.

Or maybe less exciting snacks.

Only haribo tangfastics can offer than level of excitement. And bought elsewhere for a quid and snuck in rather than £4 at the cinema counter.

10 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I like the 'experience'. Hell, when it goes well I actually enjoy the social element of watching a film with a bunch of other people, and if food doesn't stink out the place or make a lot of noise, have-at-it.

But the last few times I've been to the cinema this has not been my experience. It's been of people nattering or chomping their way through it. If you want a nice social eating experience, go to one of the millions of restaurants, cafés and fast-food establishments on every street corner.

I go to the cinema to watch a good film on a big screen with kick-ass audio booming in my ears. That is my cinema experience and that's essentially what it's there for and it's common decency for others to realise that. You wanna eat too? Absolutely fine, just do it in a way that doesn't bother other people. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible for some and they ruin it for others.

That's a problem with people and not with food/drink then IMO.

• Like 2

That may be, but the only way you'd be able to stop it from happening is to ban food from the cinema.

Look, it's never going to happen so it's a moot point. As someone earlier mentioned, the mark-up on snacks is how the cinema make their profits, but it's still incredibly annoying.

18 minutes ago, Ginko said:

That may be, but the only way you'd be able to stop it from happening is to ban food from the cinema.

Look, it's never going to happen so it's a moot point. As someone earlier mentioned, the mark-up on snacks is how the cinema make their profits, but it's still incredibly annoying.

Banning something perfectly fine because of a minority is a dangerous road to go down.

It's like totally banning alcohol because a minority can't handle it.

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

I think I'd pay extra to be in a "no noise" presentation at the cinema. I'd want it strictly enforced though.

Absolutely.

No food, no talking.

I'd pay double.

Electric Cinema is the best. Food and drink, but I always pay for the sofas so you're far enough away from people that it doesn't matter. And it's nice quiet, non-smelly food, like cakes :) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I wasn't seriously thinking banning food in cinemas was the way to go, though I hardly think it's dangerous. There are plenty of places that ban things. It's like saying banning smoking in pubs was dangerous, like some sort of smokers revolt was going to happen.

Liking the sound of this no food/no talking/no Stefan cinema though. I'd pay a few quid more for the luxury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I wasn't seriously thinking banning food in cinemas was the way to go, though I hardly think it's dangerous. There are plenty of places that ban things. It's like saying banning smoking in pubs was dangerous, like some sort of smokers revolt was going to happen.

Liking the sound of this no food/no talking/no Stefan cinema though. I'd pay a few quid more for the luxury. 

What would you ban from the cinema next? ASIANS? BLACK PEOPLE??? DWARVES???!! 

Admit it, you filthy racist, you just want to ban everyone.

• Like 1

Â