Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

I've just noticed how good he is with both feet. He can strike them into the top corner from 30 yards with his 'weaker' left foot.

That's what people got excited about Tonev for. But if you think about it you dont get many screamers scored in top flight. Just doesn't happen. Especially from one player. 

What gets me is that, Swansea fans don't rate him and want him gone, Sunderland fans aren't all that bothered they're not signing him, yet the majority of us are over the moon that we're making this signing. 

Is this down to the quality of the player? Or do we just need this type of player more than they do? 

Whenever I have seen him play I've always thought he was quality.

It's because his best game of the season last year was the one against us. We don't watch him week in week out though. 

• Like 1

I watched quite a bit of him last season not just one match and was mostly impressed with what i saw and could never figure out why Swansea just let him go out on loan like that. The rumour was that he was just not liked by Laudrup but I guess that doesn't explain why Monk is willing to sell him, maybe he isn't but it's Ki who wants to leave and being as though it's the last year of his contract Swansea are just thinking let it be then.

Reading 'readytogo' it seems to me a lot of them are bothered that they apparantly aren't signing him. Some even saying that they won't sign a better player this summer and that he's technically the best midfielder they've seen play for them. The ones who aren't bothered about him signing are mostly just pointing out that he didn't play in the last few games when they went on a good run and escaped relegation.

• Like 1

I am likely to be way off.

Looking at the facts. Lambert is interested in Kiyotake. Ki's agent has come out and said we are not in for him. Nuremburg have made Kiyotake available for 5 million euros.

Is it possible we are back in for Kiyotake rather than Ki? There was talk that an Asian player was seen at BH? Maybe someone has gotten confused along the line.

Maybe were in for neither. Who knows.

Edited by KSV

don't be disappointed even if he will not sign with us.

i'm korean and i think he is decent player. but i don't think we need him and hes better than our Westwood.

We need a good defensive midfielder and Ki is not that. he isn't defensive minded player, and hasn't defensive ability.

he always needs very defensive minded, hardworking midfield partner because he isn't defend back four...

Edited by uptoyou
  • Like 3

I have it on good authority that Swansea don't want to sell Ki, comes straight from their chairman!

SWANSEA City remain hopeful that Ki Sung-Yueng will stay around for the long term despite interest in the midfielder from Aston Villa.

The South Korea star is due back in Wales early next week having been given extra time off because of his World Cup involvement.

And though Ki has only a year to run on his Liberty contract, Swansea believe he could yet re-commit to them.

"We want him to come back after his break and sit down with Garry (Monk) for a chat," Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins told the Evening Post. "Garry has spoken to him already, but it's important that they have another chat and we will decide on where we go after that. Ideally, we would like to tie Ki up on a long-term contract. There's no hiding from that."

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-hopeful-Ki-Sung-Yueng-stay-despite/story-21464296-detail/story.html#ixzz37WMnzIHE
Read more at http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-hopeful-Ki-Sung-Yueng-stay-despite/story-21464296-detail/story.html#HgQpVPzS7cmMzh2L.99

Edited by PieFacE

if it's not happening then someone somewhere has got it very wrong as almost every news outlet has reported it.

it sounds as though we've registered an interest in signing him and the player might be interested but nothing has been agreed.

He might just use that interest as a way of getting a new contract at Swansea.

i'm korean and i think he is decent player. but i don't think we need him and hes better than our Westwood.

We need a good defensive midfielder and Ki is not that. he isn't defensive minded player, and hasn't defensive ability.

he always needs very defensive minded, hardworking midfield partner because he isn't defend back four...

You're a Korean Villa fan?  Cool :thumb:

• Like 1

if it's not happening then someone somewhere has got it very wrong as almost every news outlet has reported it.

For transfer speculation they all just copy each other to fill the otherwise empty pages. It just takes one journalist to make something up for it to run and run and run. e.g. Jermaine Defoe.

For transfer speculation they all just copy each other to fill the otherwise empty pages. It just takes one journalist to make something up for it to run and run and run. e.g. Jermaine Defoe.

What's that? Defoe has been spotted at a Birmingham hotel?

You're a Korean Villa fan?  Cool :thumb:

Where have you been all these years?