Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

The Chronicle a regional North East paper are reporting on their website that Sunderland still want to sign him. But they quote the 1.5 Million figure from yesterday that was later said to be a typo. So not sure how reliable that particular article is.

The Chronicle a regional North East paper are reporting on their website that Sunderland still want to sign him. But they quote the 1.5 Million figure from yesterday that was later said to be a typo. So not sure how reliable that particular article is.

Funny how this is EXACTLY what Kendrick said yesterday and blamed it on a typo! about the fee that is

Edited by Denis_B
  • Like 1

don't be disappointed even if he will not sign with us.

i'm korean and i think he is decent player. but i don't think we need him and hes better than our Westwood.

We need a good defensive midfielder and Ki is not that. he isn't defensive minded player, and hasn't defensive ability.

he always needs very defensive minded, hardworking midfield partner because he isn't defend back four...

You're a Korean Villa fan?  Cool :thumb:

Where have you been all these years?

Not in Korea.

I did once encounter a Korean that liked Villa because he loved Richard Dunne, but generally Korean fans have tended to follow their own players and Villa have never had one, so it's cool that we have some kind of pull over there.

So do SSN 'understand' then?  That does usually signal that there is more to it than paper talk.

Yeah, well, I can state categorically then we do NOT have any pull whatsoever in Asia, me (and the Korean guy) notwithstanding. :)

Edited by legov

I like Ki and certainly he impressed against us last season. I do wonder, though, if he is a bit similar to Westwood. It may be that he's better than Westwood, but given that we have no real defensive midfielder, and only Joe Cole as an attacking mid, who is likely to be crocked for much of the season, are these not bigger priorities? Would Westwood and Ki play together? I think we'd be lightweight (again) in the middle...

Watched him quite a few times last year playing for Blunderland and was usually their stand out midfielder. He's calm on the ball and doesn't mind receiving possession under pressure. He plays simple passes and rarely loses the ball. He was playing with Cattermole who does the donkey work but he would be a quality addition in our squad. Pops up with a couple of goals as well?

Cattermole certainly does do donkey work, there's no doubt about that. 

I wouldn't be playing Westwood.

If there is one player who needs upgrading it is him, the crab.

KI is ten times the player, doesn't hide and passes with intent and purpose.

In all honesty, there's not one player that needs upgrading though, there's several - and some areas where we don't really have players at all. 

Put it this way, if you played him instead of Westwood alongside Delph and any of Cole/El Ahmadi/Bacuna, you'd still lack balance in the midfield as we did for much of last season - if anything it would be exacerbated, judging by the comments on here about his defensive ability by those who have seen him the most.

I appreciate that we're not done yet in the window - but I do think a proper DM would make a big difference to our squad and our options in midfield - more so than Ki.

I wouldn't be playing Westwood.

If there is one player who needs upgrading it is him, the crab.

KI is ten times the player, doesn't hide and passes with intent and purpose.

Rubbish. Nothing wrong with westwood apart from needing to get stuck in a bit more. Don't care what anyone says, if you don't rate westy take up ice skating. Rant over.

Hoping we can land Ki though. Bring it.

Not sure how taking up ice skating will help, some ice skaters still like football and support Villa, my nan for instance

I think Ki is a good player, best player by a mile last season on the pitch against Sland, run the show, a far,far better player than Westwood, and for £3/4M for a 25 yeasr old is cheap imho.

If we don't buy him, i am really worried what that says about our club.