Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Yes the

"The problem with Keane is that he demands the same standards that he was used to at United and the lads at Villa don’t get paid enough to put up with that kind of c**p. He just got everybody down."

Part worried me slightly, hopefully their source isn't someone who works for the club, with that kind of attitude.

Rubbish stories or not, the Keane appointment has turned out to be a failure of management. 

Lambert needs to get a clue, his choice of assistants has been nothing short of ineptitude.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

I just feel like this is a non-story. According to the article, Keane was kind of a prick. We knew that before he came here. He yelled at the players when they lost -- well, someone needed to. The players didn't like being yelled at -- no one does, do they? Occasionally they yelled back. I'm pretty certain that all of the above happens at every club, probably pretty regularly. What's the big deal?

His appointment was baffling to begin with, after having just parted company with Karsa and Culverhouse amid rumors of bullying. His book publicity was a major distraction for the club. I'm glad he's gone. Can we move this into "Other Football"?

People are trying to sell stories and it sounds like there is very little to tell.

Keane will always rattle cages and upset egos, how can anyone think otherwise?

Players will fall out with him because he is a double hard b*stard who demands respect and standards, standards that in the football celebrity overpaid over rated over hyped world probably are about as welcome as 'effort and loyalty.'

Not saying i like the guy or wanted him at the club, just saying.

The inconsistancy in this team have always screamed disciplin issues to me. The stories that come out including the Karsa debarcle just gives me the thoughts that the players have a big input in the running of the team. Lambert don't really seem the sort of manager to kick off at the senior players and we rarely see them fired up for a second half performance.

• Like 2

Yeah what worries me is that keane's high standards seem to consist of 'turning up on time' and not having a casual approach to training! This is the bare minimum one would expect.

When you get paid what most people earn in a year in a week and can't be bothered to put a shift in, damn straight someone should haul you over the coals for it!

Yeah what worries me is that keane's high standards seem to consist of 'turning up on time' and not having a casual approach to training! This is the bare minimum one would expect.

When you get paid what most people earn in a year in a week and can't be bothered to put a shift in, damn straight someone should haul you over the coals for it!

Except that as a summary of what the article is saying, the above is a bit of a travesty.

It's saying he isn't capable of getting his point across to people and influencing them to change their ways without rowing with them and getting their backs up.

As a coach or assistant manager that makes him about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I don't know Fabien Delph personally but he's one of the last people I could imagine screaming 'don't mug me off'.

Wasn't Delph and Gabby the players who fell out with Culverhouse as well? Do they think they are the billy big boys at Villa because they have been there for a few years? Whatever the case I don't think Keane will be missed at all. Too high profile for a number two and was never, ever, going to be successful appointment.

on the massive assumption it was true, our players come off as prima donna words removed then if they can't take criticism and claim they don't get paid enough. Absolute nonsense atttitude. IF it's true, of course, which I rather suspect it is not.

Rubbish stories or not, the Keane appointment has turned out to be a failure of management. 

Lambert needs to get a clue, his choice of assistants has been nothing short of ineptitude.

It really isn't. He'd been with Culverhouse and karsa for years and been successful. What happened nobody could have predicted. After the start we had Keane looked a good appointment. Shit happens.

Blaming Lambert for everything is getting boring and making statements that he constantly has chosen poor assistants and is inept is utter horse dump.

• Like 3

Â