Roy Keane

TrentVilla

No, but they know most people won't Google the quote for a second source before they share it so it doesn't matter. 

• 5 years later...
35 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not to be the party pooper, but I thought that was going to be something a bit better than "Roy Keane once turned up at a Children's hospital".

I didn't want to say it, but yeah. I'm sure he does an awful lot, and I get the impression he's not the kind of guy to want the publicity for it, but while it was a nice thing to do, it's not exactly the grand Christmas miracle she seemed to be trying to sell it as.

54 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Roy Keane is a proper bloke . Very good player , and also a strong character. One of the good uns in life. 

Yes just a old fashioned working class guy humble and honest money never changed him

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Roy Keane is a proper bloke . Very good player , and also a strong character. One of the good uns in life. 

Nah, sorry - he deliberately ended someone’s career and said he has no regrets about it. The man is a word removed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Nah, sorry - he deliberately ended someone’s career and said he has no regrets about it. The man is a word removed. 

He's a nob, and he did set out to hurt Haaland out of petty revenge, but he didn't end his career,; Haaland had an existing long-term injury to the other knee than the one Keane clattered, which is what forced his retirement,

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That is one of the biggest football myths about though. Haaland played the rest of the game and for Norway that week

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's a nob, and he did set out to hurt Haaland out of petty revenge, but he didn't end his career,; Haaland had an existing long-term injury to the other knee than the one Keane clattered, which is what forced his retirement,

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

That is one of the biggest football myths about though. Haaland played the rest of the game and for Norway that week

Apologies, I’ll switch “ended” for “tried to end”. 

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you remember when Keane signed his contract to be on £50k a week? Everyone was outraged that a footballer could earn such a obscene amount of money in a week.  Now the average premier league weekly wage is 60 grand a week. Total madness. 

I think it was actually £20k. And I was outraged. And I STILL think £20k a week is obscenely too much for any job, even now, let alone the latest levels. 

Â