Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Lambo upfront as ever with his answers on the matter. I know he would never say what really went on but there really isnt a point in ever doing a conference with the bloke he never answers a direct question, just mumbles about something that is nothing to do with said question

How do you know Lambert isn't telling the truth?

I do believe Keane is the victim of the media, who love to portray him as a villain and a nutter. I'm not sure I believe this story either. But I always have hated his attitude and the front he puts on as a hard man and a throwback to the "good old days". Get over yourself Roy, its boring.

Lambo upfront as ever with his answers on the matter. I know he would never say what really went on but there really isnt a point in ever doing a conference with the bloke he never answers a direct question, just mumbles about something that is nothing to do with said question

How do you know Lambert isn't telling the truth?

Where did I say that?

He isn't lieing or telling the truth. He's a question-dodger

This should probably be in Other Football now as he no longer has anything to do with Aston Villa.

Just saying.

Couldn't agree more. Let's leave the whole thing in the rear-view mirror. 

No. It does have something to do with Villa. Stop sticking threads that are related to Villa in Other Football. The second someone signs for another team it gets put in other football, or if there's a draw for a cup the draw thread gets put in the forum for that actual game. It's like a maze trying to find where to discuss things at times.

This has something to do with Villa. Stop moving threads for the sake of moving them. 

Fair enough, each to their own. Just seems logical to me. 

what's the truth then, Keane had a bust up with the players, or that Keane had a bust up with Cleverley for saying he has a bust up with the players when he didn't?

Gossip based on gossip.

It's quite possible that there was a bust up in the players' view but Keane didn't recognise it. Rowing and ranting seems like normal discourse for him so maybe he just thought it was an ordinary day's work

• 2 months later...

Are we any closer to understanding exactly what happened?
Heard through paper-talk (which is probably just utter shash, but you never know) that he ruffled the feathers of Delph (who accused Roy to 'trying to mug (him) off') in training and also interrupted in a conversation between Lambert and Gabby which resulted in Gabby telling him: 'Excuse me, I am talking to the boss'... Which Roy took exception to...

Then there is the Tom-Cleverly-turning-up-at-his-house-for-a-chat thing...

It sounds like the players didn't like being told that they weren't giving enough and that they hid behind Lambert for protection...

It sounds like the players didn't like being told that they weren't giving enough and that they hid behind Lambert for protection...

•  

possible

we'll have to wait for his next autobiography

Edited by maqroll

Heard through paper-talk (which is probably just utter shash, but you never know) that he ruffled the feathers of Delph (who accused Roy to 'trying to mug (him) off') in training and also interrupted in a conversation between Lambert and Gabby which resulted in Gabby telling him: 'Excuse me, I am talking to the boss'... Which Roy took exception to...

Any sources for any of that?

My understanding is he had a book to sell so put himself in a position where he could maximum exposure for the launch, then become too busy doing a book signing tour to do his day to day job, by the end he'd been in the papers on a weekly basis, his book had sold really well, so he **** off back to semi retirement with a wedge in his back pocket

Job done

Any sources for any of that?

There are plenty, it was all over the press in December. Here's one for The Delph/Gabby story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2872154/Roy-Keane-created-poisonous-atmosphere-Aston-Villa-explosive-training-ground-feud-Gabriel-Agbonlahor-final-straw-led-departure.html

Roy Keane created a poisonous atmosphere at Aston Villa... his explosive training ground feud with Gabriel Agbonlahor was the final straw that led to his departure

Keane had a heated row with Gabriel Agbonlahor in the lead up to his resignation as Paul Lambert's assistant

Feud sparked when Agbonlahor allegedly tried to belittle Keane after No 2 interrupted his chat with boss Paul Lambert about tactics

Fabian Delph told Keane once ‘Don’t try to f****** mug me off,’ after being criticised by the Irishman during a training session in July

By CHRIS WHEELER FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 22:42, 12 December 2014 | UPDATED: 01:09, 14 December 2014

Roy Keane and Gabriel Agbonlahor almost came to blows in an explosive training ground bust-up that hastened the Irishman’s shock departure from Aston Villa.
Sportsmail can reveal the real story behind Keane quitting his post as Paul Lambert’s assistant a fortnight ago, after just six months in the job. He had festering disputes and disintegrating relations with key Villa players. Morale around the club’s Bodymoor Heath training ground had sunk so low that news of his exit was welcomed by the majority of the squad.
A source said: ‘The atmosphere was horrible. It went downhill the moment Keane arrived. He p****d off all the big names he shouldn’t have p****d off and his relationship with the senior players slowly fell apart.

‘There was so much gloom about the place every time he turned up. When he went there was just a feeling of euphoria and relief.’
Months of simmering tension came to a head when Keane clashed spectacularly with stand-in skipper Agbonlahor in front of stunned team-mates in training days before the Irish assistant’s departure was confirmed.
It is understood the long-serving Villa star was talking tactics with Lambert when Keane interrupted. Agbonlahor resented the interference and tried to belittle Keane by telling him: ‘Excuse me, but I’m talking to the boss!’
The two men then became involved in a heated row and had to be separated. The ill feeling continued after the training session and Lambert held talks with Keane in the afternoon when it was decided they would part ways.

This was the last in a series of flashpoints which resulted in Keane alienating himself from the players.
They began soon after his arrival in July when Fabian Delph objected to criticism from the former Manchester United captain in training and rounded on him in front of the rest of the Villa squad.
The England midfielder, who is said to have taken an instant dislike to Keane, screamed: ‘Don’t try to f****** mug me off.’ Their relationship never recovered.

And the Independent says Lambert confirmed the Cleverley story:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/paul-lambert-confirms-roy-keane-turned-up-at-tom-cleverleys-house-this-week-9933985.html

Paul Lambert confirms Roy Keane turned up at Tom Cleverley's house this week

But Villa manager plays down incident

PHIL BARNETT   Thursday 18 December 2014

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has confirmed his former assistant Roy Keane did turn up at midfielder Tom Cleverley's house this week.

However, the Villa boss insists Cleverley said the incident was blown out of proportion by the media, who reported that the fiery Irishman stood ringing the player's doorbell for 15 minutes seeking an argument.

Keane, who stepped down from his role recently to focus on his position as Republic of Ireland assistant manager, supposedly wanted an angry showdown about recent 'leaks' from the dressing room from his time at the club.

However, Lambert said: "I spoke to Tom this morning really briefly and he assures me that what is being portrayed is certainly not what happened. That was it, really.

"I've probably spoken about Roy more since he's left than when he was here. I think you (should) give the guy a break.

"From the brief chat I had with Tom, it certainly wasn't how it was portrayed. That was what Tom told me this morning.
  • Like 1

Keane had a run-in with Delph and Agbonlahor, the 2 worst players in the team this season who got offended by his comments

no wonder he walked out since these 2 clowns were offered new deals during the season

• 10 months later...
On 11 January 2016 at 08:51, rodders0223 said:

Roy Keane was right. The club and staff is rotten more than ever.

Whilst I can't remember him saying that, his remarks that too many players are too comfatable at villa and they won't rock the boat were bang on

• 4 months later...
Â