Roy Keane

TrentVilla

The stories about a bust up seem much more likely

Why?

Because people like a good conspiracy especially when it is negative about the club,  it adds to the suggestion we are in chaos and is more likely to bring about a managerial change or help justify it.  Well thats my guess

It's as plain as day that there is a lot more to this than the club are letting on. How anybody can swallow the official story is beyond me.

You only have to ask yourself, if Keane offered to stay on until a replacement was found, why wasn't his offer taken up? 

As far as I can see, either he didn't make the offer or he was told his services were no longer required.  

If there was a bust up why offer to stay on until a replacement is found.

Not taking him up on the offer makes sense as to be honest if it is known he is leaving then he may as well go now rather than provide first team coaching duties to players who know he is leaving

If there was a bust up why offer to stay on until a replacement is found.

Not taking him up on the offer makes sense as to be honest if it is known he is leaving then he may as well go now rather than provide first team coaching duties to players who know he is leaving

May as well go now??  Doesn't make sense to me. One the eve of an important game? Wouldn't you have at least asked him to take training that day??  Of course you would.

Two things about the extra bit you slipped in that the players knew he was leaving:

1. Why would they know, he's only just announced it to the management?

2. Even if they knew, if he was leaving on good terms there would be absolutely no reason for him not to continue his duties for a few days with the full respect and support of the players and everybody else.

Villa appoint Keane - Oh this is an appointment by Lerner to eventually replace Lambert this isn't Lambert's appointment

Villa start off well in the league - This is all down to Keane nothing to do with the manager

Villa results plateau and get worse - This is all down to Lambert and nothing to do with Keane

Keane shows some attitude against Mourinho - Brilliant this is just what we need Lambert has no backbone well done Roy

Keane leaves Villa - It was never going to work it was always going to fail, another crap decision by Lambert it was his decision.

Is basically how it has gone with his appointment.

Is this the view of everybody here, or one you wish to make people believe is the view of people here?

• Like 2

What have I missed or do you take the Daily Mail and Mirror as gospel now?

As always, it's about the journalists, rather than the paper. Moxley and Whitwell are credible. Plus Gould who has claimed the same.

Villa appoint Keane - Oh this is an appointment by Lerner to eventually replace Lambert this isn't Lambert's appointment

Villa start off well in the league - This is all down to Keane nothing to do with the manager

Villa results plateau and get worse - This is all down to Lambert and nothing to do with Keane

Keane shows some attitude against Mourinho - Brilliant this is just what we need Lambert has no backbone well done Roy

Keane leaves Villa - It was never going to work it was always going to fail,  another crap decision by Lambert it was his decision.

Hmmm.

I think my version was:

Villa appoint Keane - This will not end well, the man is a bully and a hothead

Villa start off well in the league - This is close to a miracle, I'm walking on sunshine

Villa results plateau and get worse - OK, so it was all a dream. BTW, what the **** is our assistant manager doing spending so much time promoting a sodding book?

Keane shows some attitude against Mourinho - Please don't start punching visiting managers, it's not nice

Keane leaves Villa - What a big nothing - what did I say when he arrived?

• Like 3

Keane leaves Villa - It was never going to work it was always going to fail,  another crap decision by Lambert it was his decision.

More or less true but with added 'gosh he has a great beard', 'the beard has gone', 'Keane has left AVFC'

• Like 1

Hmmm.

I think my version was:

Villa appoint Keane - This will not end well, the man is a bully and a hothead

Villa start off well in the league - This is close to a miracle, I'm walking on sunshine

Villa results plateau and get worse - OK, so it was all a dream. BTW, what the **** is our assistant manager doing spending so much time promoting a sodding book?

Keane shows some attitude against Mourinho - Please don't start punching visiting managers, it's not nice

Keane leaves Villa - What a big nothing - what did I say when he arrived?

What a convoluted way to say 'I told you so'.

• Like 2

The stories about a bust up seem much more likely

Why?

What was that about you saying I was lieing Stevo and Trentvilla??? Hahahaha

I never said you were lying, what I said was the story you were peddling wasn't true and it isn't/ wasn't as far as I'm told. I don't know who made it up.

Yes,speculation backed up by speculation and all of it wrong :)

Still saying Im wrong Trentvilla?? Hahaha Egg on face!

Yes I am.

You're standing quite firm on this one so that's enough for me, having said that the rags story is more believable but doesnt mean it's true. Edited by Dirtysanchez

Yes,speculation backed up by speculation and all of it wrong :)

Still saying Im wrong Trentvilla?? Hahaha Egg on face!

Yes I am.

You're standing quite firm on this one so that's enough for me, having said that the rags story is more believable but doesnt mean it's true.

Perhaps. But without knowing Trent's source within the club and the relationship between them it is difficult to know. Leaking is often a very deliberate action by officials. It would suit the club for the fans to believe that there hasn't been a bust-up and Lambert hasn't been undermined (again). There's no way, to my mind, that the international stuff would alone be enough for him to leave.

(Trent, please excuse me openly speculating here, I realise it's rude but I hope you accept that it comes with the territory)

• Like 1

Â