Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Totally understand and no offence taken.

In terms of the rags story (some rags others differ) as posted above its the easy story and the easy to believe story.if we're working for one of the red tops it's probably the story I'd write if I were them.

But as far as I'm told it's BS and I've no reason to doubt the person who told me, who doesn't have an agenda as far as I can see.

If a player comes out and says there was a bust up then fair enough I'll look at it differently.

I do though have a fairly good idea of where the bust up story stems from but can't post that sadly.

• Like 2

I'm not enjoying this very much. "I know something you don't but obviously I can't tell you". (To paraphrase.) This is classic ITK.

This is why people who have a bit of knowledge tend to go to ground. The pompous and very cliquey crowd on another forum were known to get very rattled when told information, such as the imminent departure of O'Neill, if I remember correctly.

Keane had already marked our card that he may be leaving. I don't think he ever enjoyed his time here. I expected more from Keane and was delighted to see him go.

I'm not enjoying this very much. "I know something you don't but obviously I can't tell you". (To paraphrase.) This is classic ITK.

Don't really enjoy cloak and dagger ITK stuff.

If you look at the posters history then you know who are reliable ITK's. It's blindingly obvious that people who have connections to the club can't blab all the information they hear all over the internet, especially as journalists have been on this site before and printed stories based on what has been posted (sometimes with hilarious consequences). But when people do post good ITK information they get lambasted by the keyboard warriors who plague the internet.

I for one am glad that Trent posts reliable info on this site when he has it as it exposes the some of the nonsense stories in the media, like the one about Keane, so that we know the real truth.

• Like 1

I'm sure some won't believe Lambert either, but this stuff about a row or bust up just isn't true.

"If anyone wants to know about Roy, I'll put it on your plate so you know: there's absolutely no problem whatsoever," said Lambert.

"He's got a lot of commitments with Ireland, he's never had a break from going away with Ireland, and never had a break from Aston Villa. So I totally respect his decision.

"Contrary to reports, there was absolutely nothing, absolutely no bust-up, no arguing, nothing like that.

"I thank him for his time coming to work for me.

"I spoke to him before the Burnley game, after the Burnley game, and we still have the same relationship. So I just want to put that to bed, alright?"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9590453/aston-villa-paul-lambert-denies-reports-of-roy-keane-training-ground-rows

Who really gives a shit, he's gone now.

Let's focus on the name who is coming in.. not the one who's left.

While I agree with your general point, I personally think its important to know why our Assistant Manager left mid season.

Or rather to know that he didn't leave because there is in fighting in the camp or bust ups with players because that not only colours peoples views on the manager/Keane/individual players but also implies things are worse behind the scene's than they actually are.

Personally I would rather know that there isn't in fighting when we are trying to avoid being sucked into a relegation battle.

I agree Trent, but while we just sit on speculation and a pocket full of miracles there is not a lot we ever will know unless someone comes forward and states that.

We can only wait for Roy Keane - Extra time, book to be released and we may find out that your point of no falling out was correct all along.

For me it is all irrelevant and I agree with you, at least it does not look like a "falling out" which is something positive and all we can take from this saga.

Amen.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

I agree Trent, but while we just sit on speculation and a pocket full of miracles there is not a lot we ever will know unless someone comes forward and states that.

Lambert has, see my quote above, we will have to wait I while for another Keane book I suspect ;)

• Like 1

Lambert has, see my quote above, we will have to wait I while for another Keane book I suspect ;)

Yeahhhh, but he would say that!

I believe the Mirror!!!

• Like 2

Don't really enjoy cloak and dagger ITK stuff.

If you look at the posters history then you know who are reliable ITK's. It's blindingly obvious that people who have connections to the club can't blab all the information they hear all over the internet, especially as journalists have been on this site before and printed stories based on what has been posted (sometimes with hilarious consequences). But when people do post good ITK information they get lambasted by the keyboard warriors who plague the internet.

I for one am glad that Trent posts reliable info on this site when he has it as it exposes the some of the nonsense stories in the media, like the one about Keane, so that we know the real truth.

I am not doubting for a moment that the information is provided in good faith. But the reality of this sort of leaking of information is that the person doing the leaking has an agenda and will only pass on stuff that puts his/her perspective in the best light.

We have no grounds for saying we have been provided with "the truth", just what someone inside the club wants us to believe.

Anyhow, as I've already said, Keane's appointment was just a nonsense, a big nothing - maybe just provided him a convenient desk to phone his literary agent while promoting his book.

Let's forget him.

And I would far rather have a discussion where people are giving opinions

Has it been mentioned in here that Keane left because the players 'run the club?'

It has come from the same source that said Delph is off to Man Utd in January and has already sold his house, which is why he is living at The Belfry.

The source is very senior and has his / her name in the programme among the club officials.

Â