Culverhouse and Karsa sacked

Isa

I'd say this does reflect badly on Lambert. He's worked with these two for a long time. It doesn't make him the prime villain of the piece but some of the shite rubs off on him too. I'm disappointed...but I hoping it leads to a dramatic improvement in our form.

Media making this out to be a bad thing. It ain't. We now have a real villa man and a true gent helping PL.

Bye ian. Enjoy your carrow road return. Tool.

Yep pleased for Sid in particular. Maybe our fortunes may change now

Lambert and the players need a lift.

Hasn't Sid been around the youth team now for some time? That will come in handy with the likes of Albrighton, Baker, Clarke and Wiemann in the first team. This could be just what we need.

• Like 1

This reflects very very very badly on Lambert

He really is living on borrowed time now

Not really.

What you think Lambert has a future at villa beyond the end of the season ? 

Been following Villa 40 odd years - ive not known a manager recover from a scenario like this.....

Have there ever been a scenario like this before?

• Like 2

Sid knew how to pass a football. I hope it rubs off.

People (rightly) talk up Paul McGrath, but Sid would be the first name on my all-time Villa XI.

Yep, i agree along with the other players from 81 and 82.

• Like 1

I just hope that the issue has been resolved in time, that the festering boil IC has been well and truly popped.

Not sure yet about the mighty Sid, though. His love for the Villa could give the training ground the desperate lift it needs, but the clubs position could seriously go tits up yet. We need cool, tactically astute heads on the job. And, if the worst does happen (prey to McGrath it does'nt) then it will just go to show how much of a canker the backroom culprits have really been to this club.

Didn't Sid step up under Houllier to assist the first team.  I was under the impression he didn't like dealing with the first team due to all the egos floating around

Haven't most or all of the ego's gone now?? There were big ego's - Young,Downing,Dunne,Collins,Warnock etc etc etc.

Maybe now with players with not very big ego's he could just be in his element??

One thing I always wondered was why Culverhouse had his own thread but not Karsa?

For me Karsa has always been an immensely shadowy figure. No idea what he did. Who's taking on his role out of Cowans/Given?

I think it would be Given most likely, Karsa was allegedly a man who players spoke to, bibs and cones man they called him. Think Given will be used more in motivating etc.

Sid knew how to pass a football. I hope it rubs off.

People (rightly) talk up Paul McGrath, but Sid would be the first name on my all-time Villa XI.

I can't separate the two of them for their sheer talent.  They're the  best two players I have ever seen in the flesh (including opposition players).

Reasons why Sid shades it for me in my humble:

1. Was at Villa from the mid 70's as an apprentice

2. Father worked for the club

3. Spent most of his working life at Villa including 3 spells as player

4. One of the most gifted & talented players to ever wear the shirt

5. Key member of the greatest ever Villa side

6. Still refers to this team as "his mates", is in contact with most & most are regularly still seen at Villa

Sid is Villa through & through & is much part of the Villa family as any of us fans. Would never need to work again if he achieved what he did in this day & age although money couldn't buy what he achieved.

As footballers, McGrath is probably the greatest we've had here but as legends/Villa men, Sid is top of the tree.

Sid Cowans & Ian (Who?) Culverhouse in the same sentence-Priceless

Reasons why Sid shades it for me in my humble:

1. Was at Villa from the mid 70's as an apprentice

2. Father worked for the club

3. Spent most of his working life at Villa including 3 spells as player

4. One of the most gifted & talented players to ever wear the shirt

5. Key member of the greatest ever Villa side

6. Still refers to this team as "his mates", is in contact with most & most are regularly still seen at Villa

Sid is Villa through & through & is much part of the Villa family as any of us fans. Would never need to work again if he achieved what he did in this day & age although money couldn't buy what he achieved.

As footballers, McGrath is probably the greatest we've had here but as legends/Villa men, Sid is top of the tree.

Sid Cowans & Ian (Who?) Culverhouse in the same sentence-Priceless

Let's face it if you're a Villa fan of a certain age (like myself), few men in football would  compare favourably in a direct comparison to Gordan Cowans.

Edited by jon_c
  • Like 1

Â