Culverhouse and Karsa sacked

Isa

If Lambert wasn't even in full charge of selection and tactics then he really is useless isn't he?

Well, we don't know now, do we?

It's time for him to take full control and show us what he's all about. No more pissing about; no more handing over responsibility; no more hiding away behind others; get out there, get on the training pitch, roll your bloody sleeves up, and show us your abilities as a manager.

I'd now give him until December to prove his worth.

• Like 1

According to the latest Kendrick piece, Culverhouse was 'heavily involved' in scouting too. I always thought that is what Karsa was here for. In fact, I'm not even sure what his job was at all now. I highly doubt he was just specially brought here to be a 'bibs and cones' guy, a job that could be done by anyone.

you underestimate how tough a job being a bibs and cones guy can be

Edited by Zatman

If Lambert wasn't even in full charge of selection and tactics then he really is useless isn't he?

It's time for him to take full control and show us what he's all about. No more pissing about; no more handing over responsibility; no more hiding away behind others; get out there, get on the training pitch, roll your bloody sleeves up, and show us your abilities as a manager.

No, which is why I said 'if'...

you underestimate how tough a job being a bibs and cones guy can be

Not sure if serious.

Edited by Isa

Sink or swim time for Lambert now these two have been, rightly or wrongly, scapegoated for the poor form/attitudes at Villa. Lambert has come out of it relatively unscathed, seen as the guy cleaning up the problem rather than causing it.

But why was this culture allowed to develop under Lamberts reign at all? He should have been managing these two, not letting them run riot.

...and given this is Aston Villa I'd wager my house that these two will receive a fat pay off, no matter how heinous their actions turn out to be.

• Like 1

Deadly serious. If you get the alignment wrong then you can seriously injure a player. The bibs are crucial in establishing sides which can confuse a player. This can lead to confidence issues.

The cones are set out with a standard set distance between each one, the bibs are handed to a pre-designated team. A trained monkey could do this. We didn't need to pay Norwich good money for him if his role was really this basic. Not to mention the need for the fancy title.

Edited by Isa

Deadly serious. If you get the alignment wrong then you can seriously injure a player. The bibs are crucial in establishing sides which can confuse a player. This can lead to confidence issues.

The cones are set out with a standard set distance between each one, the bibs are handed to a pre-designated team. A trained monkey could do this. We didn't need to pay Norwich good money for him if his role was really this basic. Not to mention the need for the fancy title.

Jesus! I bet paint watches you dry.

Ha! That's quite good actually. Did you come up with it by yourself?

It's all very strange, especially given that these were people Lambert had worked with for years.

When you think about it though this is probably the first time they've really been under the pump like this in their managerial careers together. It's all very well when everything is hunky dory but the strain of being under so much stress can do strange things to people's psyche and destroy relationships.

• Like 1

It's all very strange, especially given that these were people Lambert had worked with for years.

When you think about it though this is probably the first time they've really been under the pump like this in their managerial careers together. It's all very well when everything is hunky dory but the strain of being under so much stress can do strange things to people's psyche and destroy relationships.

Absolutely. You need to have good cognitive abilities to deal with pressure at a club this size.

Maybe we should replace the word 'Culver' with the word 'Shit'?

Ian Shithouse, has a certain ring to it.

Wow …. I've just looked up Culverhouse in the Urban Dictionary and it states the following …. Out of control uselessness …. You couldn't make it up could you? (and I didn't) :D On reflection I've removed the S**t definition, but give yourselves a treat and type in Culverhouse on Urban Dictionary.

I think you are full of Culver.

I too would give him a bit of time to prove himself. If we see improvement until the end of the season (which can't be hard, considering how we've played recently) then I'm happy to give him the summer and see how we do next season.

I don't agree with this 'if Lambert didn't do the tactics/training then he's useless'. The fact of the matter is, we don't know what he did/does.

Maybe he plans the overall 'vision', but leaves his coaches to roll it out? Ie. "I want us to play a long ball style, to quickly get the ball up the pitch, but then I want the attackers and midfielders to build attacks with short quick passes", but then left it in the hands of GK and IC to plan the training? Who knows.

It's pointless jumping to conclusions just because of rumours/ guesswork/ snippets the press have said.

Right I have no **** idea what is going on at this club.

Is Lambert shit? Well now I am not sure, who has been in charge of tactics/training all this time? If these morons were allowed to run stuff, well why?

It seems like a total mess and I just think the whole lot need clearing out now. Be interesting to see how we play the rest of the season.

Its almost like Lambert has been playing FM and asking his assistants to do everything.

i think your right on the last line and a little bird tells me he has been spending much time in scotland.

Â