Culverhouse and Karsa sacked

Isa

Reasons why Sid shades it for me in my humble:

1. Was at Villa from the mid 70's as an apprentice

2. Father worked for the club

3. Spent most of his working life at Villa including 3 spells as player

4. One of the most gifted & talented players to ever wear the shirt

5. Key member of the greatest ever Villa side

6. Still refers to this team as "his mates", is in contact with most & most are regularly still seen at Villa

Sid is Villa through & through & is much part of the Villa family as any of us fans. Would never need to work again if he achieved what he did in this day & age although money couldn't buy what he achieved.

As footballers, McGrath is probably the greatest we've had here but as legends/Villa men, Sid is top of the tree.

Sid Cowans & Ian (Who?) Culverhouse in the same sentence-Priceless

Wasn't he involved with first team before ? - But then chose to work with the younger players ?

Even Lerner's come out with a statement about this. What the hell was going on with these two?

I think Lerner is just desperate to avoid relegation. It's more a strangled cry for help, than an indication that he's righting wrongs and firmly in charge of all things AVFC..

According to the latest Kendrick piece, Culverhouse was 'heavily involved' in scouting too. I always thought that is what Karsa was here for. In fact, I'm not even sure what his job was at all now. I highly doubt he was just specially brought here to be a 'bibs and cones' guy, a job that could be done by anyone.

Reasons why Sid shades it for me in my humble:

1. Was at Villa from the mid 70's as an apprentice

2. Father worked for the club

3. Spent most of his working life at Villa including 3 spells as player

4. One of the most gifted & talented players to ever wear the shirt

5. Key member of the greatest ever Villa side

6. Still refers to this team as "his mates", is in contact with most & most are regularly still seen at Villa

Sid is Villa through & through & is much part of the Villa family as any of us fans. Would never need to work again if he achieved what he did in this day & age although money couldn't buy what he achieved.

As footballers, McGrath is probably the greatest we've had here but as legends/Villa men, Sid is top of the tree.

Sid Cowans & Ian (Who?) Culverhouse in the same sentence-Priceless

Wasn't he involved with first team before ? - But then chose to work with the younger players ?

yeah, he stepped up for a while during the Houllier and KMac era. He went back to his development role as he likes training young players instead of dealing with overpaid 1st team players who he has little time for really

Maybe we should replace the word 'Culver' with the word 'Shit'?

Ian Shithouse, has a certain ring to it.

Wow …. I've just looked up Culverhouse in the Urban Dictionary and it states the following …. Out of control uselessness …. You couldn't make it up could you? (and I didn't) :D On reflection I've removed the S**t definition, but give yourselves a treat and type in Culverhouse on Urban Dictionary.

Edited by villabromsgrove
  • Like 1

I'm starting to wonder if one of them as done something really serious liked leaked team sheets to teams ahead of matches or something. Aren't they meant to have done something to seriously jeopardize the teams chances? that's the only thing I can think of.

Right I have no **** idea what is going on at this club.

Is Lambert shit? Well now I am not sure, who has been in charge of tactics/training all this time? If these morons were allowed to run stuff, well why?

It seems like a total mess and I just think the whole lot need clearing out now. Be interesting to see how we play the rest of the season.

Its almost like Lambert has been playing FM and asking his assistants to do everything.

• Like 2

I think it’s time Lambert got rid of this clown and brought in a new coach.  It’s pretty obvious we can’t do the basics right and I’m wondering how much of it is down to Lambert or Culverhouse.

Yes the buck stops with Lambert but this clown has an important part to play.

I've come to the conclusion that Lambert reads VT and takes on board what i say.  :)  

• Like 1

The likelyhood that HH was a member of lamberts crew is extremely rare, as i said and ianrobbo posted in his blog, he was more likely to be journo with privileged access. No employee of avfc would be stupid enough to jeopardize their job by doing something as silly as releasing inside club info to a bunch of lunatics on a message board.

That makes a lot of sense. I used to get a lot of inside info on my cricket forum from a journo who now is a national journalist with cricinfo. Who would always give you the info and say don't post it yet. so I'd pm all the members instead lol

How would someone like that get such detailed tactical information and teams for games 1-2 days away?

true I don't think even Matt Kendrick Paul Lambert gets that.

Fixed.

Â