New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Just a special mention that these types of people are words removed of the highest order and should be burned at the stake. 

Or worse, gifted a Villa season ticket.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Has the club just decided "Sod it, they can't be pleased" on this one? Really would have expected to see something by now.

Hopefully they’re too busy sorting out severance packages for Larry Limelight and his slippy pal. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 20:05, StuL said:

I appreciate all comments re. the badge design I did. Here are a couple more with the current lion (facing right).

AV021K_033813.png

AV021L_033819.png

I like them, just wondering how it would look with 'Aston' and 'Villa' parallel with the respective lines rather than curved. And yeah the font is too modern somehow.

Edited by fightoffyour

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not at all.

The club held another meeting on it last night, using the FCG as a focus group. The club are now down to two options, you may or may not like them, but they have put a decent amount of thought into both of them and they've taken into account what fans wanted on the initial survey and made some changes based on feedback from the various groups. In all, the club surveyed around 13k supporters and have had a whole host of meetings with at least four different groups of fans.

The voting survey on those badges will be done independently, not in house, in line with FA guidelines that protect things like club badges as cultural assets. The club will be inviting all season ticket holders and all members to vote - that's 70,000 people (which I'm guessing means we have around 40,000 members!). That voting will hopefully be open in the very near future (days not weeks away).

Without asking you to give away things you shouldn't, could you personally live with either option?

33 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Without asking you to give away things you shouldn't, could you personally live with either option?

Yes, although anyone who has seen the way i dress would tell you that doesn't necessarily count for much!

Better news is that if you don't like either, the option to vote to retain the existing badge will be on offer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yes, although anyone who has seen the way i dress would tell you that doesn't necessarily count for much!

Better news is that if you don't like either, the option to vote to retain the existing badge will be on offer.

So, they had 3 designs.

But they needed to whittle it down to 2 in order to provide a binary vote for people. 

Then introduced a 3rd option to the vote.

🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not at all.

The club held another meeting on it last night, using the FCG as a focus group. The club are now down to two options, you may or may not like them, but they have put a decent amount of thought into both of them and they've taken into account what fans wanted on the initial survey and made some changes based on feedback from the various groups. In all, the club surveyed around 13k supporters and have had a whole host of meetings with at least four different groups of fans.

The voting survey on those badges will be done independently, not in house, in line with FA guidelines that protect things like club badges as cultural assets. The club will be inviting all season ticket holders and all members to vote - that's 70,000 people (which I'm guessing means we have around 40,000 members!). That voting will hopefully be open in the very near future (days not weeks away).

Which two made it through from the Round, Lion and Gas Lamp options?

Glad it's open to season ticket holders and members. Should get a good turnout. My only hope is that is a comfortable victory for either option and not a 52/48 result which will probably end up dividing the fans for years to come.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Glad it's open to season ticket holders and members. Should get a good turnout. My only hope is that is a comfortable victory for either option and not a 52/48 result which will probably end up dividing the fans for years to come.

I'm looking forward to the new spray job on the team bus "Vote Gas Lamp and we'll give £350m a week to the transfer department."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Hopefully the 48% will be gracious and not use every dark art known to man to overturn a legitimate result.  

• Like 1

The round one featured here was actually designed by a fans wasn't it? Positive in the sense that it wouldeam the club have been on the pulse. So it's between a round one and a shield then! Solitary Lion idea was dropped.

Yep, as was suggested by another poster on here, as soon as one design was dropped I want to see what it looked like (not helped by the fact it was the design I liked the sound of the most).

I get that we can’t see every design that was worked on or considered. But it seems like a strange decision to allow descriptions of the final three designs to be made public only to remove one before it could be seen by the Villa public at large. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The round one featured here was actually designed by a fans wasn't it? Positive in the sense that it wouldeam the club have been on the pulse. So it's between a round one and a shield then! Solitary Lion idea was dropped.

I'll be disappointed if neither of them are a little creative. If we have got Dragon Rouge, the creative masters, involved, then surely they've come up with something unique. A round badge is just going to stink of city group for me now, unless they've managed to think outside the box (circle).