New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe if we turn him the right direction, the rest will follow suit.

Exactly! My issue is, I can’t see much beyond having a lion in a round badge. At the moment anything I see which isn’t that, feels inferior… 

I feel like we are trying to be pioneers in badge design, and worry we will produce something crap and be laughed at. But, seeing some of the designs here, as wonderful as some of them are, a simple round badge with a lion facing right, and the words Aston Villa would be perfect. (Oh and a crown, give me a bloody crown above the badge! That would be a first in England wouldn’t it?!) 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This is going to be Gerrard's fault aswell isn't it?

That's it, I'm done with him...

#Gerrardout

You've just given me an idea.

Sod the lion.

Get Suarez on crutches, biting into a gold bar, next to a pile of money to represent our new " ethos " 👀 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've just given me an idea.

Sod the lion.

Get Suarez on crutches, biting into a gold bar, next to a pile of money to represent our new " ethos " 👀😂

No, no...we need Gerrard's face or profile on the crest...I'm sure the natives will love it!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StuL said:

I appreciate all comments re. the badge design I did. Here are a couple more with the current lion (facing right).

AV021K_033813.png

AV021L_033819.png

Big fan, but the lion facing the other way feels a bit wrong to me. I knos that's the way they're going though! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thabucks said:

Lion facing to the right gets my vote 

If the lion is to face right then his right arm needs to be lower than his left one, otherwise it looks stupid. Prefer it facing left myself, just looks better. 

Edited by villa89

17 minutes ago, Dale said:

Big fan, but the lion facing the other way feels a bit wrong to me. I knos that's the way they're going though! 

Probs just a cause our brains are used to processing it the other way around.

Anyway, even if they are " Lamp " inspired, I'd hope they wouldn't just plop it in the middle of a lamp shape.

Now if they could take inspiration from the lamp and embellish it then we might have something.

1 hour ago, StuL said:

I appreciate all comments re. the badge design I did. Here are a couple more with the current lion (facing right).

AV021K_033813.png

AV021L_033819.png

I actually quite like this and I hate everything

I think ideally the lion will be updated, I think the balance of claret blue white and yellow I’m not sure you’ve quite found yet. I’m not a fan of the circular Aston Villa text over the point - I think it needs to be straight or angled along the sides. We’d need a custom font made but I’m happy with a bold sans serif font. And personally for me I’d prefer  no 1874 and would chop that off as well as the extended bottom of the lamp - maybe just a squashed pengaton or something even more abstract.

i think those changes would make this look super professional and close to what I expect to see when Villa show us the options. Hope that doesn’t all sound too critical because I really like it

Edited by a m ole

4 hours ago, StuL said:

AV021K_033813.png

AV021L_033819.png

This seems to have taken all the points in my post into account, and I actually love it now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StuL said:

AV021K_033813.png

AV021L_033819.png

Maybe with more of a traditional classier font for ASTON VILLA. Needs a bit of gold/yellow somewhere too. But yeah, I kind of…. not dislike it. 

Edited by Ingram85