New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'll be disappointed if neither of them are a little creative. If we have got Dragon Rouge, the creative masters, involved, then surely they've come up with something unique. A round badge is just going to stink of city group for me now, unless they've managed to think outside the box (circle).

Nope, don’t want anything “creative”, anything creative generally ends up being shit in this area, is disliked by more fans than not.  We need something simple, represents Villa and works on many formats…large and small. The round badge that is modernised for today is perfect for that.

Can’t remember who made it, don’t think it was anyone on here maybe off Twitter but I’ve taken it and swapped a few things so this ain’t me taking credit, all credit to the creator. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Nope, don’t want anything “creative”, anything creative generally ends up being shit in this area, is disliked by more fans than not.  We need something simple, represents Villa and works on many formats…large and small. The round badge that is modernised for today is perfect for that.

I agree in most cases, but dragon rouge have a fantastic track record of making creative not look naff. And that could still be simple. If they've gone round, and simplified it, I'm happy.

If they've gone round, but like the badge above this post,  it's a carbon copy of 500 other badges floating around the world at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

it's a carbon copy of 500 other badges floating around the world at the moment. 

I’m ok with that, our colours make us different to other clubs, it makes it enough to be distinctive.

Edited by nick76

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Can’t remember who made it, don’t think it was anyone on here maybe off Twitter but I’ve taken it and swapped a few things so this ain’t me taking credit, all credit to the creator. 

spacer.png

I would dare to say that's a little too much claret tbh. Think I'd prefer a claret lion on blue inner circle.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep, as was suggested by another poster on here, as soon as one design was dropped I want to see what it looked like (not helped by the fact it was the design I liked the sound of the most).

I get that we can’t see every design that was worked on or considered. But it seems like a strange decision to allow descriptions of the final three designs to be made public only to remove one before it could be seen by the Villa public at large. 

👍🏻

Exactly. Makes no sense to me at all why they would do 3 designs and drop one at the behest of a handful of ""Tier 1"" supporters. There's no accounting for taste, and if people don't like what we end up with then you can guarantee a large vocal cross-section will say that we should've gone with a solitary lion...... Which may or may not be true, but now we'll never know if it would have been favoured by a majority or not. Daft process.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

These are the best I have seen so far. Keep or take away the star, but its modern and very representative of the club.

I like it a lot. 

Fe8uVngWAAA4uK8.jpg

Fe8uVniXwAAlhEu.jpg

Lose the star, I like it. Not sure we'd be allowed the star outside the circle anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

These are the best I have seen so far. Keep or take away the star, but its modern and very representative of the club.

I like it a lot. 

Fe8uVngWAAA4uK8.jpg

Fe8uVniXwAAlhEu.jpg

That font is awful and the line width for the lion, especially the gold one for some reason, is too thick. All IMO only of course.

Hard to imagine the new round badge looking much different though, and the concept is fine.

Sorry @est1874 (?) 😋 it's only a font!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

👍🏻

Exactly. Makes no sense to me at all why they would do 3 designs and drop one at the behest of a handful of ""Tier 1"" supporters. There's no accounting for taste, and if people don't like what we end up with then you can guarantee a large vocal cross-section will say that we should've gone with a solitary lion...... Which may or may not be true, but now we'll never know if it would have been favoured by a majority or not. Daft process.

Once the badges are revealed, I'll pass on my thoughts on this, I entirely get where you're coming from, but there's definitely a point to what they've done.

• Thanks 1