New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, romavillan said:

No, you can do a round badge though with modern typography and clean it up a bit so it works well across all the platforms it'll be used on. A simplified 82 badge done right would be the best looking thing in football, everyone knows we have the best colours and if they don't they can **** off coz they're wrong.

I don't disagree. 

Just saying it's not going to be 'The 82 Badge', so the OP's point is moot. And to your point, as soon as they change any element at all (you've mentioned the typeface, for instance), some fans will be very vocal about not liking it. It's just how things are.

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Oh.

Lion by itself for me then.

Looks like something you’d find in a gift shop in a national trust property … Kids colouring book esque … Thoroughly underwhelming … Here’s a reminder of what our gas lamp looks like ..

AA25AFBF-7E73-4E54-B92D-EFD06AC2B588.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Looks like something you’d find in a gift shop in a national trust property … Kids colouring book esque … Thoroughly underwhelming … Here’s a reminder of what our gas lamp looks like ..

AA25AFBF-7E73-4E54-B92D-EFD06AC2B588.jpeg

I assume the "Gaslamp" is in reference to the era, and not the shape. It's probably just been lost in translation, so to speak.

• Like 3

Would be interesting to know how much we’ve spent with the agency for them to come up with a round badge, shield and lamp design. I bet they’re rubbing their hands together thinking they’ve won the lottery.

If there’s no real evolution to it what’s the actual F’ing point. 

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would be interesting to know how much we’ve spent with the agency for them to come up with a round badge, shield and lamp design. I bet they’re rubbing their hands together thinking they’ve won the lottery.

Probably best to see them before slagging them off, no?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

The work agencies do is massively under appreciated and comments like this are equivalent to “it’s just 22 grown men kicking a ball around how hard can it be”

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The work agencies do is massively under appreciated and comments like this are equivalent to “it’s just 22 grown men kicking a ball around how hard can it be”

Yep. If it's so easy why don't people massively undercut these agencies and monopolise the market

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

So completely different then?

I wasn’t suggesting it is no different to Arsenals, was just merely making an observation to the shape of the crest and it being similar to Arsenals…but with a lion and a pointy bit.  

Edited by Tayls

On 05/10/2022 at 09:02, nick76 said:

So many clubs have a similar round badge.  It works for a reason.

Pretty uninspired though isn't it? 

I'd rather stick to our current badge than have a claret and blue Chelsea badge