New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Do I like it? - Yeah, it's decent. Better than the last one. Do i love it, or feel it captures everything "exactly so" . No, but then again, whatever they'd come up with I'd most likely have said no.

It's a no win, really for the club.

In summary. It's "OK" but not brilliant. But it doesn't reallt matter that much. It's a massively over-hyped issue. They gave us the chance to have say in it, we had our say, the result is decent.

Maybe, just maybe, we have some of us, just lost a little perspective, here. The people who know about marketing the club, about making us better, must be happy with it, the likes of IMG, Nike, the board, globally experienced folk are happy with it. It reflects well enough on our past and future. It unifies the effortd the club will make to bring us success, improvement and good fortune.

Villa always has been and always will be my club. I'm overjoyed with the people in charge of it, now. The shield is such a trivial issue, really, compared to results on and off the pitch.

There's been almost nothing at all to even contemplate complaining about for a season, now, so the badge gets the supreme "over-hyped" attention of everyone. It's a sign of how much we've come on, that it's an issue, as well as a sign that the club and everything to do with it matter to us, always.

Of all the things a fan might be unhapy about, the shape/colour/whatevr of the badge is pretty low down on the list.

Not all Villans like the badge. Meanwhile, in other news, MK Dons ground is being built, Leeds are going down the pan, Sunderland are promoted under Roy Keane, Torquay are out the league, Liverpool are in Euro Cup final....

I wonder what people with background in design think of the badge. I think it lacks "symmetrics", is that a word?........ Designer1 and JohnC, don't you work with design or websites or something?

Already commented mate. Not my cuppa tea at all.

I think it's great and every other Villa fan I've spoken to today has commented positively about it. It only seems like here on Villatalk that it's the same people overreacting needlessly.

I think it's great and every other Villa fan I've spoken too today has commented positively about it. It only seems like here on Villatalk that it's the same people as always overreacting needlessly.
Its panto season

Oh no its not just VT - have a look at some of the others or have you done that?

I wonder what people with background in design think of the badge. I think it lacks "symmetrics", is that a word?........ Designer1 and JohnC, don't you work with design or websites or something?

I like it, i can see the certain design 'problems' with it. But some of them can be explained just not everyone's cup of tea.

It only seems like here on Villatalk that it's the same people as always overreacting needlessly.

Fantastic contribution, feel like being more specific with who? Backing it up with their background in moaning needlessly or just gonna leave it at the widespread unsubstantiated insult?

I think it's just fine, and it's growing on me every time I look at it.

Sure, it probably could've been done better, but somehow I'm quite fond of our new badge.

Its panto season

Oh no its not just VT - have a look at some of the others or have you done that?

Fortunately no, I have a life! I can't be checking Villa sites all day...

The badge is great, the overaction by some is just pathetic.

So how can you say it's just VT that has a problem with it - and by the way the votes in this poll would suggest you are wrong.

As for having a life well done sir

More like it than don't so far... it's about the majority not the minority.

And I am not referring to everybody who doesn't like it, it's the way some have just gone on and on about it, there's even been talk of a petition!

The likes of Risso, Rocafella and others. Surely they have better things to do than spend all day scouring the crest of their team?

• 6 years later...

With excitement building over this potential takeover, and people already posting their ideas for new crests in other threads, I thought we might have a thread dedicated to people's ideas for a crest redesign. A poll to gauge how people feel about a redesign too perhaps?

My problems with current badge:

- Poncey, prancing lion

- Colouring (too much blue, not enough claret)

- Shape of the shield

- Location of the star

- 'AVFC' instead of 'Aston Villa F.C.'

• Like 1