New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Well I'd say there's a strong chance the round badge will return. I understand the clamour for it but I just think it's shit and the nostalgia blinds people personally. 

Would very much like Aston Villa on the badge though instead of AVFC. 

• Like 2

Just now, Farlz said:

Well I'd say there's a strong chance the round badge will return. I understand the clamour for it but I just think it's shit and the nostalgia blinds people personally. 

Would very much like Aston Villa on the badge though instead of AVFC. 

I'm less bothered about the shape, and more bother about it saying ASTON VILLA again, and not having a washed out yellow lion again washed out blue.

It looks like amateur Atari graphics.

Even the monotone versions of the current one look a million times better than the full one.

• Like 1

I think "Aston Villa" will end up being more prominent this time around. Easier recognition between this "Villa" and the new project in Las Vegas.

• Like 1

I assume that the design will be one that will be easy to upscale ( and downscale) so it will be handy to use when making merch, shirts and on sites.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The COMPLETE obsession with a European cup win 40 years ago is driving me mad (particularly as a younger support). Is it just me??? It’s all pretty cringe at this point.

The club wanting to highlight their biggest historical achievement, and one only a select number of English Clubs has achieved througout the history of football, should be downplayed by the club?

It's not exactly the Trillion Trophy or the Peace Cup is it?

Good thing you aren't in charge of marketing. There is a bigger picture, aside from just " bants " here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s not the shape of our badge that bothers me but I would like it say “Aston Villa” at least, rather than AVFC. 

I’d like to see a modern update for the 82 crest with Aston Villa in. 

Most of these are too complicated or impractical to use. Will at best be a simplified version that hopefully gets the colours right.

Probably won't be the Mita one they go for :D 

Evolution of Football Crests: Aston Villa F.C. Quiz - By bucoholico2

Just now, sne said:

Most of these are too complicated or impractical to use. Will at best be a simplified version that hopefully gets the colours right.

It absolutely has to say Aston Villa. Really never liked the AVFF design. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Instead of Mita could have 'MR EGG' in there

• Like 1

I’ve never really liked any of our badges to be honest. I don’t mind the current one, but also happy for them to change it, I’m confident they’ll come up with something top quality.